Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: Help me with an anniversary gift for my husband! Please!

Posted by   + Show Post

He's a stellar gift giver. Me, not so much.

Last birthday he gave me a Mac Air, he knows I love soft pajamas and always gets me a new set on Mother's Day... I know he ordered my anniversary gifts already... he's the type to pay attention through the year, noticing what I need or what I want, and applying that to his gift giving.

I know he's told me that this is our "wood" anniversary (he's traditional, lol, what can I say).

I just don't KNOW! I'm bad at this. Left to my own devices, I'll get him a wooden back scratcher :P

He loves music and is proficient on almost every instrument but the violin (his father is a private music teacher), but he has dozens of guitars, a new drum set, an accordion, a keyboard...

He works in a science related field and his passion is physics... but he as all the books and nifty toys.

He loves Tommy Bahama, but has dozens of the shirts (traditionally, the children get them for him for both Christmas and Father's Day, and have for years, lol).

He has a newer wallet already.

He has rosaries galore.

I can't think of anything he wants or needs (other than another Mac, which is something I'm putting money aside for for Christmas, weekly). He's rather the type to get what he wants or needs himself, pretty immediately.

So maybe something sentimental (he does enjoy that kind of thing)... but what?!

I really want to kick this one out of the park. He's an amazing man, a wonderful father, and the most thoughtful husband (well, minus when he farts in bed...).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Replies (11-19):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM

What about a nice cedar chest?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Do you live near the Amish? They have great wood products.

oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

what a bout a real phonograph with vinyl records

arent there wooden flutes or wooden harmonicas for a gift

sports tickets

desire du one of those Australian instruments

does he play chess- a nice marble or wood one

a ride in a fighter plane

a picture of something

oahoah
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Good ideas posted. My suggestion is a wooden carving or plaque, or if he's religious, here is a great website I have ordered from in the past:  http://www.thejerusalemgiftshop.com/ .  Have a great anniversary!

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM

We don't (like near Amish country). My husband is originally from PA, but we live in SC now.

He actually has a lovely wooden chest of his mother's.

OT, but when we went to PA a couple weeks ago, we scored a beautifully hand carved 5 piece train set for my son... for $35!!!

Quoting mem82:

Do you live near the Amish? They have great wood products.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM

My husband wants a wooden PHROG (helicopter he use to work on).

I am not the greatest gift giver either but it sounds like you got some great advice.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I am a horrible gift giver. I always try so hard but he always does better.

You got some great ideas on here I think. I will be back at Christmas time to get the advice ;)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Quoting AutymsMommy:

Would he like a small baseball game table? Here is the link....

http://m.findgift.com/cgi-local/clk.cgi?pid=293135&p=1&cis=10132,936,8057&src=10&sctnid=200&pageid=293135&chk=19fkf193277ck7bc79&ps=11
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

How about a date night out? Rent a hotel room, have a picnic and then, well, whatever comes up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN