Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I think she misses school...lol

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this
We decided to take an extended break this Summer.
We have still been doing projects, reading everyday, studying random topics etc.
About a week ago my middle child (dd age five) informed me that she is missing math. The other day I found her flipping through the school books and today..She sat her little sister down and was teaching her how to write her name. lol she is also been sitting down at the table everyday and doing 'work'..writing letters and numbers etc.
She may not make it to the end up August with Summer break. I may have to start her back in a couple weeks. I do not want her willingness to learn to pass us both by.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

awwww! My kids are starting to miss school, too. When I told them we were starting again, Monday, there was not a moan to be heard.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM
yay. :)
Both of my girls would be excited to start next week. My oldest (ds) not so much. lol I may go ahead and start the girls for now..and him later on.

Quoting mem82:

awwww! My kids are starting to miss school, too. When I told them we were starting again, Monday, there was not a moan to be heard.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are starting to miss it too. Bit I don't think my oldest realized till today that we are not really doing school. She set down and started freaking out when I told her it was cleaning time because if she did not finish she would have to do it on her own time (a rule we have during school). I explained we still have break for a whole week and she said oh!
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, we are just starting this year but DS is already looking forward to it.  We have done more research the past 6 weeks than we had his entire K-1 career.  He loves looking stuff up and learning about it.  He has given me about 15 topics to do studies on.  He is looking forward to officially starting in August.  If he wasn't going to be at his dad's for two weeks we would have already started.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM
We are definitely missing our routine as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Aww that's so cute! 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww. :) That's wonderful. To see through the eyes of an excited to learn, little human being, is so addicting! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)