Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Teaching Tolerance --OR-- Not Teaching Toleranc ???

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 44 Replies
I ran across this headline and wondered what your opinion of it is?

Do you agree with this statement or disagree with this statement?

"..banning homescool teaches tolerance? "

Obama Justice Department: Draconian Nazi-era law banning homeschooling promotes ‘tolerance’

Parents who homeschool in Germany face removal of their children, heavy fines, and even jail time.

undefined

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

This whole thing makes me sick.  I read the article.

On one hand, they knew homeschooling was illegal in Germany so why didn't they leave before breaking the law?

On the other hand, this is something the government can use to create a precedence to attack American homeschoolers with once they deport this family.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Does someone have a link to the article? This stuff scares me. Even if I hadn't decided to homeschool it would scare me. Nothing like having your rights and liberties slowly taken away :(

Quoting mhaney03:

On one hand, they knew homeschooling was illegal in Germany so why didn't they leave before breaking the law?

On the other hand, this is something the government can use to create a precedence to attack American homeschoolers with once they deport this family.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM
4 moms liked this
How does banning anything teach tolerance? If we banned a certain religion,does that teach tolerance? If we banned gay marriage, does that teach tolerance? Obviously the point of our country was for freedoms and to get away from intolerance. So how is banning homeschooling teaching tolerance?
mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Give me a sec, let me dig through my facebook feed, some one posted it this morning.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I agree. Does someone have a link to the article? This stuff scares me. Even if I hadn't decided to homeschool it would scare me. Nothing like having your rights and liberties slowly taken away :(

Quoting mhaney03:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quoting TJandKarasMom:

This is a link that I read.....

http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/obama-justice-department-draconian-german-laws-banning-homeschooling-promot
mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

thanks, i'm scrolling down and still haven't found it. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

This is a link that I read.....

http://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/obama-justice-department-draconian-german-laws-banning-homeschooling-promot

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM
So that is also my question. Is there a fear about homeschooling hat we don't know about?

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

How does banning anything teach tolerance? If we banned a certain religion,does that teach tolerance? If we banned gay marriage, does that teach tolerance? Obviously the point of our country was for freedoms and to get away from intolerance. So how is banning homeschooling teaching tolerance?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me explain this fear.... They fear that all of us are teaching our children to only be tolerant of people that are just like us....as though we cannot possbily teach our children about diversity because of course we chain our children inside our houses all day long.  Grrr!  Anyway, that is the jist of this fear, that we are all only homsechooling inorder to shelter our children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)