Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So, what does your curriculum line up look like and what grades are you teaching this fall?

Posted by   + Show Post

Down to the wire ladies - well into July!

What does everyone's curricula line up look like and for what grades? I've almost finished ordering (can't believe I forgot science!) and things are rolling in (poor mail man!).

What are you most EXCITED to teach this fall?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Replies (21-27):
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We are doing ABeka full curriculum for both kids...1st and 2nd grade.  I am excited to open the boxes which have been sitting my living room for 2 mos already.  I told myself that I wouldn't open them until both kids were done with school....the last one is finishing up late next week.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I have a preschooler and a 5th grader.  For the preschooler, we are using Hooked on Phonics and workbooks.

For the 5th grader, we are using:

BJU - Bible, science, English, and history

Saxon - math

Spelling - Spelling Workout

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

You ladies are on the ball! Looks like a great school year for everyone!

7th grade (dd11):

Math: Finish Math Mammoth 6 and move into an algebra 1 program (yet to be determined WHICH one, lol)

Grammar: Language of God, level F

Writing: Language of God, level F

Spelling: Apples and Pears

Reading comprehenstion: Faith and Freedom Readers "A Book of Fortitude" and "These Are Our Freedoms".

Religion: Religion 7 for Young Catholics and Seton's Confirmation Prep; Catholic Garden of Puzzles, 57 Stories of Saints, and a supplemental liturgerical year foundation guide for activities.

History: Light to the Nations, volume 1 (prehistory - Ren); 2000 Years of Christianity

Greek: Memoria Press' Greek Alphabet

Italian: Duolingo

Science: Runkle's Physical World Geography (a ton of physical science in this), Holt Short Course Astronomy, Memoria Press' Astronomy; Horrible Books and other supplements (trying to figure out a way to fit in "The New Way Things Work", lol).

Geography: Runkle's Physical World Geography

... and assigned lit list (The Giver, The Golden Fleece, The Whipping Boy, Fever 1798, Tuck Everlasting, and a few others)

Junior K/Kindergarten:

Phonics: Little Stories for Little Folks, Phonics Pathways, Reading Eggs, Bob Books

Math: Miquon, Seton Mathematics K for Young Catholics

Religion: Image of God Pre K/K, Seton's Catechism for Kindergarten

Literature study/activities: Picture Book Activities

I've finished ordering everything but some of my middle son's Miquon materials (I'm debating getting the First Grade Diary and the Orange Book in PDF format, and I need to order a set of cuisinere rods, but I'm not sure which ones are best!).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

BramblePatch
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
DD Kindergarten
Little Hearts for his Glory (bible, literature, science, history, handwriting, art)
Explode the Code 1 and 2
Songschool Latin
Singapore Essential Math A and B

DS 1st
Beyond Little Hearts (history, science, bible, grammar, spelling, literature, art, copywork)
Explode the Code 5 and 6
Song School Latin
Singapore 1A and 1B (1A is mostly review)

Box Day is tomorrow or Thursday!!!! Super excited :-)
livanded
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I have a 1st grader and 2 year old
For 1st grader I will be using Math Mammoth, Road Trip Usa, explode the code for phonics and finishing off our You Can Read sight word lessons (unless we finish this summer) and elementry life science. And art will be a mixture of projects from our other studies.
CJsMommy040506
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM

For my second garder

math- Math U See Alpha and hopefully Beta

LA/phonics/reading/spelling- Learning Language Arts Through Literature Red

Magic Tree House books with actitivies and comprehension

Explode The Code

Abeka readers

Typing instructor

For kindergartender-

Phonics/reading- McRuffy

Math- Math U See Primer

For both, Elemental History (American), Science- Apologia Flying Animals, Muzzy Spanish, Expedition Earth geography.

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM
DD is going to be K this year.
Hooked on phonics 2 then just readers for practice.
HWT K
Singapore 1 (already using), 2 if we get there
Miquon
Astronomy - Evan Moore, DK first encyclopedia, intelligo unit study, and you tube lol. Around January we'll start the human body, similar collection of things to use plus Human Body Detectives.
SL p4/5 following IG (already using) then core A literature as book list not with IG
Evan Moore geography
Critical thinking co workbooks and logic games
Sign language with signing time and just me
Spanish with little Pim and salsa
Awana, highland dance, soccer, and piano.
Arts, crafts, games, puzzles, and a bunch of other hands on stuff.

I have sotw1 with ag ready to go but I think we're going to wait until next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN