Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What type of homeschooler are you?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 25 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I consider us "Relaxed Eclectic".  We use a mix of different materials that we love and incorporate a lot of child-led, Charlotte Mason, unit studies, alternative, and classical methods in the way we homeschool.  The more years we homeschool the more label-less we become.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM
This.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

I consider us "Relaxed Eclectic".  We use a mix of different materials that we love and incorporate a lot of child-led, Charlotte Mason, unit studies, alternative, and classical methods in the way we homeschool.  The more years we homeschool the more label-less we become.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
At the moment we are between school at home and eclectic.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We are eclectic learning and holistic and alternative homeschooling. We were always labeled unschoolers but yeah this sums it up better. I build the curriculums while including our old world pagan ideals. Our entire teachings center around our Asatru beliefs.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

This is us as well right now.

Quoting Dawn07:

At the moment we are between school at home and eclectic.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Eclectic

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
My OCD makes me school at home but I have loosened up and thrown in some unit studies and eclectic activities.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
We are somewhere between eclectic and unschooling. We use a Child led approach. I use a lot of bought and my own CurrĂ­culum.
lucsch
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM

HOD is a Christian unit study approach with elements of classical, CM,  delayed instruction, and even school-at-home! By the time I get done with changing it, I'd say it we are eclectic homeschoolers. I tend to put importance on high academic standards. I'm trying to get over it. LOL

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

unschooling/self-directed learning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)