Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Outside fun!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

I totally ripped this off from another group, but thought it was a fun question.

Do your kids like playing in the sprinklers in the summer or do they prefer pool time?

Did YOU play in the sprinklers as a child?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FootballFan12
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM

My kids like both but since we dont have a pool, the sprinklers are quicker and get more use from my kids.

When I was young, my cousins and I would spend a lot of time in the summer at our grandparents house and we always and I mean always played in the sprinklers. It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

They like both. I don't remember a sprinkler at all as a kid. We didn't have a pool every summer, I remember a little kid wading pool when I was about 8 & then when I was 13 we got one of the 3 foot deep pools that you pop up in the summer every year but we only had it for that one summer.

I always went to the public pool with my BFF when O stayed at her house during the summer. As a teenager my friends & I would go to the lake all the time.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Both, though if he had a choice I think he would pick a pool!  He loves to swim.  He does love running through the sprinkler at my house since we don't have a pool.  Water balloons are also a favorite around here.  I did both as a kid and loved either one. 

PEEK05
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

My 4 year old prefers the pool, but my 2 year old prefers the sprinklers.

Yes, I did play in sprinklers as a child. :)

oredeb
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM

we never had a pool, but we had a river, and yes we the kids loved playing in the sprinklers

and i still do!!! if someone peeked in my backyard they see a fat old lady tiptoeing through the sprinklers!!! its a site!

KLove_Mom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My kids don't like sprinklers. They've always preferred pools.

We tried one of the new splash pads in our town, and my 2 girls ended up at the playground area, and my son played only on the exterior of the sprinklers, mostly playing a game of avoiding the sprays.

BramblePatch
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Neither! We have a small creek in our yard that has a nice pool. Lots of time spent in there. Our summer weather only lasts about 8 weeks so it works.
FootballFan12
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Oh that sounds amazing. 

Quoting BramblePatch:

Neither! We have a small creek in our yard that has a nice pool. Lots of time spent in there. Our summer weather only lasts about 8 weeks so it works.

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

My kids dont like the splash pad, only because it is always so crowded with 'bossy kids' as my little one says..lol

Quoting KLove_Mom:

My kids don't like sprinklers. They've always preferred pools.

We tried one of the new splash pads in our town, and my 2 girls ended up at the playground area, and my son played only on the exterior of the sprinklers, mostly playing a game of avoiding the sprays.

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You go ahead and dance in dance through your sprinklers...embrace your inner child.

I say this because I have been known to do the same thing in the not so distant past (this past weekend if you must know...lol)

Quoting oredeb:

we never had a pool, but we had a river, and yes we the kids loved playing in the sprinklers

and i still do!!! if someone peeked in my backyard they see a fat old lady tiptoeing through the sprinklers!!! its a site!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN