Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

electric

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
Would you or have you bring in lab tops notebooks and tablets in your home school instead of paper and pencils?? I seen that PS are Doing it I was wondering was home school doing it too. What is you opinions about it.
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
This year my daughter is using a laptop for some of her work, yes.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I was just thinking since the grades they are in 6thgrade and 9th grade

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
She likes that she has a bit more control over pace and it is allowing me to step back a little more.

Quoting motheroffour186:

I was just thinking since the grades they are in 6thgrade and 9th grade

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
She is in 7th.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We have them (laptops and tablets) to use when needed, but no - we do not use them exclusively, or even most of the time. We still prefer paper.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I could ever go paperless. I have to be able to spread things out in front of me instead of clicking on different windows back and forth. It drives me crazy having to go from app to app, website, calculator, etc when doing bills on my iPad. There is too much research involved and reading in "school work" and it would be frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

To supplement the material, yes.  As the only thing, never.  There is way too much hands on learning that can be done.  I don't want my kid in front of a computer all day, even if it is for educational purposes.  I think computers are a great resource, but they aren't the be all, end all of education.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I was thinking like power points reading something like that

Quoting motheroffour186:

Would you or have you bring in lab tops notebooks and tablets in your home school instead of paper and pencils?? I seen that PS are Doing it I was wondering was home school doing it too. What is you opinions about it.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

You could use it as a resource, sure.  Especially if your child is a visual learner the power point slides would be a great tool to help her.

Quoting motheroffour186:

I was thinking like power points reading something like that

Quoting motheroffour186:

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

DD does most of her work on paper, but does a good bit of research online, and she writes her essays and papers on the laptop.We also use the computer for supplementation to her regular classwork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)