Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help Needed: I took the plunge!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

I went ahead and got an iPad mini. 

Now does anyone know of or have experinece with any helpful apps? Anything interactive... phonics, math skills, reading comprehension. Really just anything. The app store is huge and a bit overwhelming, so I will take all your best recommendations and go from there. 

Basically I am just looking for some beginning learner types of things that we can do together and he will enjoy. Play while learning I guess. 

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I like the "teach me _____ grade" apps. We have teach me kinder, first grade and second.

For spelling, we love word wizard spelling - we use it with all about spelling instead of the letter tiles.

I recommend going to the App Store, selecting education or typing in a subject, select "iPad" apps, and you can chose free or not. Then just browse /)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FootballFan12
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Thank you! I'll check those out. I did some browsing last night, but there are tons and tons of stuff to look at.

It is always good to have a recommendation for someone else. 

Quoting Boobah:

I like the "teach me _____ grade" apps. We have teach me kinder, first grade and second.

For spelling, we love word wizard spelling - we use it with all about spelling instead of the letter tiles.

I recommend going to the App Store, selecting education or typing in a subject, select "iPad" apps, and you can chose free or not. Then just browse /)

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You will find this very helpful I promise. This is where I check for the most current and highest rated apps.

http://www.education.com/app-reviews/math/?page=2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)