Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Mystery Of History ...

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

Reviews?  

My I have a 10 year old and 5 year old twins.  

I can't decide to do Mystery of History or Around The World in 180 Days ,which I think is more Geography than History, but my budget is going to be one or the other.  

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have NEVER heard a negative review for MOH... from someone who falls in line with their worldview (i.e. protestant). The only negative reviews I've heard have been from those who do aren't protestant. Catholics have created a yahoo group to "re-do" some things in MOH to match their own beliefs (because it's THAT good - even non protestants want to use it, lol).

I can't see it working for a non-christian, no matter how it's tweaked.

I haven't used it, only because I prefer Catholic world history texts, but I have heard FANTASTIC things about it!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

somethingfunny
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

we bought it and it is boring. i basically just sit there and read it outloud, then there's a short craft or something. i am not enjoying it.

lucsch
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

MOH I only have the 3rd reader)  would have the information there, along with coordinated activities. With 180 Days (and I have it), you'd have to buy other books or check some out of the library. It is all research based, question/answer/essay stuff. I don't think most 5 and 10 yos could do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)