Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

need help deciding

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

is it possible to do your own curriculum your first year homeschooling to save money ?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
For lower grades yes. There is a ton online but it requires work for you. Also if you have friends with kids in public you can kind of mimic what they are learning but just be two weeks behind so that you have prep time.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is but just like with a boxed curriculum you need to know your children learning styles so that it works for them & not against them.

oredeb
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

oh yes, i did it and still do it

how old are the kids?

PEEK05
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Yes

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. It is easier than you might think.

When You Home School, The Whole World Is Your Classroom (includes How To Create Your Own Lesson Plans)

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I am doing it! I have found some great resources. My kids are 10 and almost 11, but I think you can at least until high school. I can explain how I did it and share some resources if you want. How old are your kids?
CJsMommy040506
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

This will be my first year and I'm not at all comfortable with the idea, even at second grade and kindergarten. I also have a couple of college classes, I don't want to spend hours gathering materials online. I'm certain you can though if you put enough time and research into it.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Many people do their own! It takes more time in planning (and the cost & effort of printing stuff at home). 

Peaches808
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

My son is 8 an he is dyslixic, We went with buying I was having such hard time finding what i need to fit his needs. but hopefully next year I will have the hang of it and make my own. Thanks ladies for all the help and support it means alot.

Peaches808
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)