Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you visit the library?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 30 Replies

We are doing the summer reading program this year. Before this our trips to the library were pretty sporadic. It is sad actually because I used to spend a lot of time in the library when I was growing up because I loved to read and would spend hours at a time there.

Anyway, yesterday, the kid wanted to 'explore' after reading group was over. He LOVED it. He wanted to sit at the 'big' tables and read. He kept looking around at all the people. It was so sweet to watch his eyes light up like that. Im thinking we are going to make this a regular outing even after the summer program ends.

Do you and your little people visit the library often? Do they enjoy it? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippieMomma86
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I take my boys once a week, usually Fridays. They love it. There's no limit on how many books we can have out at a time so they always end up leaving with at least 4-5 each. They also rent movies and educational DVDs that we allow them to get as well.

oredeb
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

oh yea we enjoy the library, we go every week!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
We used to go more often, but lately we haven't. Now that dd is in a program there (reading to a dog! How fun! Even though we have a dog at home, lol) we will be going weekly. And we plan to go weekly on Mondays when we start school.
KimmieLu
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM
My daughter is still too young to really understand the library. (1 1/2)

I don't go as much as I'd like to. I have a long list of books on my phone to look for, I just rarely remember to go when I have the time.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Once a week or every other week depending on the activities they are offering & our schedule.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Ours has so few hours that I couldn't take him at all last year.  Since we are home schooling this year I will be able to take him more.  I want to go at least once every two weeks.  If it were closer or the hours less restrictive we would probably go more.

sdgd21
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Us too

Quoting usmom3:

Once a week or every other week depending on the activities they are offering & our schedule.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

<----- bad homeschooler.

We never go to the library.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That made me laugh.  Thank you!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

<----- bad homeschooler.

We never go to the library.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

We've been going once a week this summer.  We'll keep that up this year, I think.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)