Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you visit the library?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are doing the summer reading program this year. Before this our trips to the library were pretty sporadic. It is sad actually because I used to spend a lot of time in the library when I was growing up because I loved to read and would spend hours at a time there.

Anyway, yesterday, the kid wanted to 'explore' after reading group was over. He LOVED it. He wanted to sit at the 'big' tables and read. He kept looking around at all the people. It was so sweet to watch his eyes light up like that. Im thinking we are going to make this a regular outing even after the summer program ends.

Do you and your little people visit the library often? Do they enjoy it? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
AJ-47
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Never. The library in town sucks..but my Son has so many books and gets one every time We go shopping, that He has His own library here at home. lol.
Aleshad01
by Alesha on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
We have been going once a week.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I try to go twice a week. Once for storytime and once to just explore and we find new books each time and return the old ones.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM

We got at least twice a week, some weeks more often.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

We go once a week. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

We go about 2-3 times per week and love it.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Once a week. I love the library. My kids don't care for it.

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Every Friday

I have a teacher acct and can check out tons of books for 6 weeks at a time. Plus, I can see and order it online from the library. I don't need to do the 25min hike to the library more than once a week. There is also a gritty side to the library during the days - but my kids still love to visit, as do I. 

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Not nearly as often as we used to.  I have found a TON of books that I got really cheap at Goodwill.  We are also going to trade in some old books at a local used bookstore and see if we can find some new ones.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We go at least once a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)