Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you visit the library?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are doing the summer reading program this year. Before this our trips to the library were pretty sporadic. It is sad actually because I used to spend a lot of time in the library when I was growing up because I loved to read and would spend hours at a time there.

Anyway, yesterday, the kid wanted to 'explore' after reading group was over. He LOVED it. He wanted to sit at the 'big' tables and read. He kept looking around at all the people. It was so sweet to watch his eyes light up like that. Im thinking we are going to make this a regular outing even after the summer program ends.

Do you and your little people visit the library often? Do they enjoy it? 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Usually we try and go once a week, but lately it hasn't been happening, and they joined the summer reading program at our library too.  I feel bad that we're missing out on so much at the library this year too. They bring in all sorts of animals from near by zoos different days, we have the READ program with the dogs, there is story time for different ages with free crafts, book to movie nights, book club, ecology club...SO much always going on and we're missing it!! Swim team has sucked the life out of us this year lol. Come August though, we'll be back there probably multiple times a week. I'll be making a point of it!
...and now I feel guilty because our books are 2 days over due... I guess we're going tomorrow! (fortunatly our library doesn't charge late fees!!)

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My guys are about to be 16 and 13. Our library days are over, lol! We went in the first couple of years that we homeschooled and it was always me goading them to pick something out. It usually ended with all of us being frustrated, so we stopped going. We have a ton of books at home, I order new ones quite often, and they each have an ipad with books to read. But, the library just was not for us.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM
We go twice a week!!
gratefulgal
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We go every week to two weeks and take out 60-70 books at a time, plus movies. Yikes!

jillybean1023
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM

We are there at least once a week...if not more!  They all love to read and with ten kids we check out almost all the books there it seems!

DesireMM
by Desire' on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM
We usually go every three weeks.
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Us too! Lol we have an entire library in our house. Plus I owe one of them money from like 12 years ago. face*palm.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

<----- bad homeschooler.

We never go to the library.

amanda.lyn
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM
We go every other week. We love it!
Beniegenie
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:51 AM
My kiss and I love the library. Of course since we moved and the library here has computers set up with kid games, that seems to be all they want to do there. So I get stuck looking for the books. They love bringing home books from the library tho. They are quiet for and hour or 2 at a time while pouring over the books. They are 1,3 and 5 so this is big, LOL! They love to have daddy or I read to them. And my 5 year old has learned to read with Abeka this year and finds it exciting when he reads long books by himself. Funny we went back to CA for a few months early this year and I took them to the library there only to find that I owed $25 in late fees from not getting the books turned in on time during our move, oops!
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

We go about once a week.  My boys like to go to the library especially my preschooler.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)