Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bored at home

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do your kids get bored being home 24/7?  I know we all get out and go places, but do they ever get bored with being at home all the time for school and everything?  One of my sons is super antsy!  He's 7 but it's like having a 2 year old that I have to constantly watch and entertain to keep him out of trouble.  The doctors asked me to take him for ADHD testing but I refuse since I can get him to focus on school work and he's really smart....but the hyperactive part is exhausting me and I feel like I'm about to burn out with him.  Anyway, my son isn't even the reason I made this post - just needed to vent a little I guess LOL!  So....do they get bored being homeschooled?  (not with the school work itself, but just being home every day) 

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

We get out and do things through the week, so when we're home it's nice just being home.  The kids don't complain of boredom or get tired of being home, but sometimes they get tired of going and doing things if we're stuck having to get a lot done in one day.

My friends son is ADHD (non-medicated) and I know she has him in martial arts and other activities to help burn some of his energy.  It might help putting your son in a physical extra curricular activity that he might enjoy like martial arts, dance, or a sport.

I took the kids to the park every chance I could when they were younger, it got some of their energy out which was helpful to me when it came to trying to get them to focus.  Also I would sometimes use outings like that as a motivator, since my kids loved going to the park, hikes or just walks around our neighborhood.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I guess so.

Given, if she were in school, she'd be "in the same place" all day "for school", lol - she just bores easily.

Now, we do tend to go out at least once a day...

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I think they would be more board in school then they are here at home. At least here they can chose what they do & when they do it there they have to do what the teachers want them to do on their schedules & have no say in the matter.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
No my kids love being home and on our very busy days the kids beg to be at home.
oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

no, we had a lot of acres to play on, they were always doing something, from fishing, to building a fort or hanging out in the tree house, digging in the garden, digging holes, chasing the goats, riding the bikes, swinging on the rope swings, driving the sit down mower around, running through the sprinklers, etc to much to do! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)