Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Heart of Dakota?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone used Heart of Dakota curriculum?  I have changed my mind a few times on curriculum for this year and I'm pretty sure I have settled on Heart of Dakota.  Ds is 4 and will be using kindergarten curriculum.  I know some don't use curriculum that young, but it's what is right for us.

I like that it uses the Bible more as well as using dramatic play and music.  I'm hoping to find others who have used it and see how they liked it.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BramblePatch
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM
My box of curriculum from HOD arrives tomorrow. I ordered Little Hearts for my Kindergartener and Beyond for my 1sr/2nd Grader. I used a mix of things last year, so this is my first try with a Boxed Curriculum....but I needed something open and go this year.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I kick myself every day for not using it from the very beginning. I waited until mine were 9 and 10 to use it and it never suited us. If I had taught using this from the beginning, we'd probably still be using it, ubt  the style was very different from what my kids were used to and it just never quite worked like it should have.  I really regret that because I love this program. The Yahoo forum is one of the most helpful I've ever encountered and the author answers every question she gets in a timely manner.  Very good customer service, too. I miss, but my workbooky kids don't LOL!

placidic
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM
This is our second year with HOD and we love it!
lucsch
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Yes,  though I think HOD doesn't hit its stride until the Beyond level. We have done Beyond and Bigger and will be starting Preparing in 2 weeks. I plan to use it until my dd graduates.

We ended up not doing Little Hands, as we were already doing  another Pre-K program and it was more advanced. My dd was not really for chapter books with no pictures until she was in 1st grade, so we used Sonlight P4/5 and K for K and 1st grades. I had my eye on HOD that whole time, even bought Little Hands and resold it and all the history and science spines used in Little Hearts. It took us awhile to "fit" into HOD but I'm extremely happy with it now (she just finished 4th grade).

Some use Little Hands, then MFW K, then go back to Little Hearts for 1st grade.

HTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)