Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Word Wall Ideas

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do anyone have any cool ideas for a word wall.  I need one for a 2nd grader and one for a kindergartener.  I have limited wall space so compact ideas are great.  It doesn't even have to be a "wall" just some neat idea to keep track of them.  I've done index cards on a ring, but I looking for something new.  Pics are great too!!  TIAyou rock

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I know Targets dollar bins had some mini word walls last year.

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got ours on sentence strips, which I had intended on putting up on the wall, but we have so many, it would cover a LOT of the house.  :)  Maybe just put them up for a bit, and then go to the ring method.  Or use an index card box so you're building your own dictionary.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

There are a ton of things you can do.  The question is how much space do you have to work with.  This year I am doing a reading log tower.  We will be writing down books they read on popsicle sticks and building  a tower with them.  You might could put some lap books together of your words.  Good luck.  

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM

i know this is a dumb question but what is a word wall?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I love this idea!

Quoting jen2150:

There are a ton of things you can do.  The question is how much space do you have to work with.  This year I am doing a reading log tower.  We will be writing down books they read on popsicle sticks and building  a tower with them.  You might could put some lap books together of your words.  Good luck.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It is basically just your sight words up on the wall. You know those blue canvas wall hangers with clear plastic pockets? Those are popular to use as your word wall.

Quoting oredeb:

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM

ohhhh site words! ok i thought there was something new !! thanks mem

Quoting mem82:

It is basically just your sight words up on the wall. You know those blue canvas wall hangers with clear plastic pockets? Those are popular to use as your word wall.

Quoting oredeb:

BrittO2
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Word wall caterpillars around a door.  http://pinterest.com/pin/117515871499941503/  

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Our word walls were more just "vocab" words to our current studies. So ours focused more on science and history. I would find a creative visual way to represent them. I did more of these when they were younger, and not so much now.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting oredeb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)