Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First Day!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
4 moms liked this

I decided to do a trial run to show my kids who are wanting to homeschool what it would be like.  We had a good day.  I'm feeling more confident, and I think I'll end up with all of my kids at home for this year.

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you have fun!!!

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

way to go

First of all, your kids are all beautiful!! And so are your sunflowers : )

Secondly, my kids were older when we did the ivory soap experiment, but they got a big kick out of it!! What did your kids think?

And lastly, you can totally do this!!! Just hang in there. In a couple months you and your kids will be so happy to realize what a great decision this was.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Thank you!  I don't think it would be summer at our house without our sunflower hideaway.

My oldest read the Ivory package before I opened it up and read that it floated, so we had to start our experiment time finding out if that was really true.  And then I had to send them to find a different bar soap in the house to see if it would float (Irish Springs, so it sank).  The kids were so excited by the experiment, they really loved seeing it.  I need to spend more time with the older kids to go over why it did that and would the Irish Springs have done the same.

I'm a waffler.  I went out with a mom who convinced me to send my kids to a charter where she was sending her kids, and now I'm second guessing my homeschooling thing again.  Waffle, waffle, waffle....

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

Secondly, my kids were older when we did the ivory soap experiment, but they got a big kick out of it!! What did your kids think?

And lastly, you can totally do this!!! Just hang in there. In a couple months you and your kids will be so happy to realize what a great decision this was.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Are you a "waffler" by nature? Or is this something that is inclusive to your new venture of homeschooling??

Quoting hwblyf:

Thank you!  I don't think it would be summer at our house without our sunflower hideaway.

My oldest read the Ivory package before I opened it up and read that it floated, so we had to start our experiment time finding out if that was really true.  And then I had to send them to find a different bar soap in the house to see if it would float (Irish Springs, so it sank).  The kids were so excited by the experiment, they really loved seeing it.  I need to spend more time with the older kids to go over why it did that and would the Irish Springs have done the same.

I'm a waffler.  I went out with a mom who convinced me to send my kids to a charter where she was sending her kids, and now I'm second guessing my homeschooling thing again.  Waffle, waffle, waffle....

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

Precious333
by Julia on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yay!!!!
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I think I'm a waffler in particular where it concerns my oldest.  I still don't know what's right for him, though we've found many things that are wrong for him.  And then, do I want to bring the other kids along on this adventure, only to have that be so completely wrong for them and have it disturb my oldest?  Yeah, I'm a waffler.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Are you a "waffler" by nature? Or is this something that is inclusive to your new venture of homeschooling??

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

oredeb
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

they look happy hwbly!!!!!! glad it was a good day! how old are the kids? look at those beautiful sunflowers!!! greaat pictures

what are you using to homeschool with?

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

They're 10, almost 9, 7, 6, 4.

I'm assembling a hodge podge of things.  Life of Fred and some worksheets and games for math, literature, BOB books, handwriting worksheets, tons of library books, and a mess of science I find here there and everywhere.

Quoting oredeb:

they look happy hwbly!!!!!! glad it was a good day! how old are the kids? look at those beautiful sunflowers!!! greaat pictures

what are you using to homeschool with?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I will second this! So glad you and your family enjoyed your trial rub. Yay!!! :)

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN