Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. Oz Says No To Vaccinating His Kids

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
snowangel1979
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I completely agree he's a tool now.
He has completely sold out.

If you read his books from before he became a "big" t.v. star, what he says in them are like night and day from what he says now.

Quoting Earth_angel2341:

He doesn't vaccinate his children but he does advise others to vaccinate their children. Dr. Oz is a tool in my opinion. Did any of you watch the episode where he covered gmo's? Although, I am almost positive that he feeds his children organic whole foods.He isn't credible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this
We dont vaccinate, doesnt matter what dr. Oz does. I agree with some things he says, but he's human, just as all.doctors are, and i wont make my decisions based on what just one person says.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I don't really care what Dr Oz does or doesn't do with his own kids. Aren't they all really old anyway? He's 53.

We vaccinate to prevent disease, not to stick to a random schedule for school or anything else, so while my kids have had some vaccines, they haven't had "all they should," and they haven't been as early in life as is typical. We do flu shots each year because we have a child with asthma and the flu could kill her. We do chicken pox when they turn 7 years old, won't do HPV until college, etc.

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I could give a flyin flip at what Dr Oz or anyone does. It is their own right and a personal choice. 

I am too busy to watch tv, but I did read a few books by him.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I made my decision about my children long before Dr. Oz was a household name. I lived as a symbol of the autism/vaccine debate so yeah I get it. It was not a light decision for us.

Koltie6
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM
As the parent of a brain injured child (Dtap) we no longer vaccinate.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).

But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.

Quoting tuffymama:

I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

oh, and Dr Oz is a quack and a sell out.  I can't even watch him.  I can't really watch any "mainstream" tv, lol.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I choos not to vax but I made that choice without any help from Dr oz. I don't really care what he has to say on the matter. Never heard him speak, never read his books, he really doesn't even show up on my radar. I'm not sure I could even pick him out of a lineup!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)