Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dr. Oz Says No To Vaccinating His Kids

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you! My dh was also injured from that vaccine but fortunately the only lasting side effect is a persistent ringing in his ears. We do not vaccinate our children, not worth the risk. 

Quoting Koltie6:

As the parent of a brain injured child (Dtap) we no longer vaccinate.

Koltie6
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM
My son has seizures as a result and very little speech.

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I am so sorry that happened to you! My dh was also injured from that vaccine but fortunately the only lasting side effect is a persistent ringing in his ears. We do not vaccinate our children, not worth the risk. 

Quoting Koltie6:

As the parent of a brain injured child (Dtap) we no longer vaccinate.

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

My daughter had the HPV shot and there were issues. I had to pay (a lot) to have tests ran and the drs only conclusion was that it was the HPV shot. When I asked if it should be reported, they said no, there was no direct proof. I wonder how anything gets reported then.

It also turned out that I was lied to about the some of the risk factors. I flat out had asked about certain risks because it runs in our family.

I am sure that for most girls, this shot causes no major issues. However, I don't like how so many doctors are so quick to dismiss the risks against specific family history risks... all in the name of giving out these shots. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).

But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.

Quoting tuffymama:

I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I think so much of it is a combination of the vaccine (or ingredients in the vaccine) and predetermining factors that may run in families. I know a girl with Autism-the first child I ever worked with on the Spectrum- and her mom swears she knew something was "off" before the questionable vaccine, she thinks it had nothing to do with the vaccine, while others I know are convinced its because of the vaccine. I think we all knew people that were kind of "asperger-ish" even before the craziness over vaccines...but my thinking is that it was already there in some cases, maybe dormant in others and brought about by something in a vaccine, and then many others it just doesn't affect. Everyone is so different, but I don't doubt for a second that something in vaccines could have negative affects on certain people.

And I would still report it to someone, I don't know who, if I were you. There needs to be an awareness.

Quoting celticdragon77:My daughter had the HPV shot and there were issues. I had to pay (a lot) to have tests ran and the drs only conclusion was that it was the HPV shot. When I asked if it should be reported, they said no, there was no direct proof. I wonder how anything gets reported then. It also turned out that I was lied to about the some of the risk factors. I flat out had asked about certain risks because it runs in our family.I am sure that for most girls, this shot causes no major issues. However, I don't like how so many doctors are so quick to dismiss the risks against specific family history risks... all in the name of giving out these shots. Quoting TJandKarasMom:I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.
Quoting tuffymama:I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

For our family, with the HPV vac, it wasn't about Autism.

My daughter was 14yrs old. I asked the dr straight up if the vac had any risks of blood clots because we have a family history of blood clots (lupus, dvts, strokes - hell, my mom had all three and eventually died from a blood clot to her lungs at the age of 50). So, I refuse anything that increases the odds of blood clots - the doctor knows this. The doctor assured me there were no risks at all. That was a lie.

My daughter is 17yrs old (almost 18) and has not had her period since the day we received that vaccine (she had regularly for a year right up till that shot). They have ran expensive tests to figure what is wrong and the only thing the doctors can come back to, is the HPV shot. However, they won't report this either. Which is concerning because how does a person know this is a possible side effect if it isn't reported?! Only because I went through it with my daughter, did I know to look up HPV vac and loss of period... and saw that others have had it happen. I don't know WHY she lost her period from the drug and neither do the doctors. That is alarming to me. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I think so much of it is a combination of the vaccine (or ingredients in the vaccine) and predetermining factors that may run in families. I know a girl with Autism-the first child I ever worked with on the Spectrum- and her mom swears she knew something was "off" before the questionable vaccine, she thinks it had nothing to do with the vaccine, while others I know are convinced its because of the vaccine. I think we all knew people that were kind of "asperger-ish" even before the craziness over vaccines...but my thinking is that it was already there in some cases, maybe dormant in others and brought about by something in a vaccine, and then many others it just doesn't affect. Everyone is so different, but I don't doubt for a second that something in vaccines could have negative affects on certain people.

And I would still report it to someone, I don't know who, if I were you. There needs to be an awareness.

Quoting celticdragon77:My daughter had the HPV shot and there were issues. I had to pay (a lot) to have tests ran and the drs only conclusion was that it was the HPV shot. When I asked if it should be reported, they said no, there was no direct proof. I wonder how anything gets reported then. It also turned out that I was lied to about the some of the risk factors. I flat out had asked about certain risks because it runs in our family.I am sure that for most girls, this shot causes no major issues. However, I don't like how so many doctors are so quick to dismiss the risks against specific family history risks... all in the name of giving out these shots. Quoting TJandKarasMom:I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.
Quoting tuffymama:I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM
That is so scary. I know there are a lot more issues than Autism, just that Autism is a big one.

Can you report it somehow? If it has happened to others, then obviously it could be related to the vax.

Do you know if this affects her long term? Will it affect her chances of getting pregnant or having fertility issues? Does anyone even know of the long term effects? It's all so scary, thank you for sharing your experience, my dd definitely will never get it now, I will just teach her about it. I've managed to go my whole life without getting HPV.

Quoting celticdragon77:

My daughter was 14yrs old. I asked the dr straight up if the vac had any risks of blood clots because we have a family history of blood clots (lupus, dvts, strokes - hell, my mom had all three and eventually died from a blood clot to her lungs at the age of 50). So, I refuse anything that increases the odds of blood clots - the doctor knows this. The doctor assured me there were no risks at all. That was a lie.

My daughter is 17yrs old (almost 18) and has not had her period since the day we received that vaccine (she had regularly for a year right up till that shot). They have ran expensive tests to figure what is wrong and the only thing the doctors can come back to, is the HPV shot. However, they won't report this either. Which is concerning because how does a person know this is a possible side effect if it isn't reported?! Only because I went through it with my daughter, did I know to look up HPV vac and loss of period... and saw that others have had it happen. I don't know WHY she lost her period from the drug and neither do the doctors. That is alarming to me. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I have heard of Dr. Oz but he really is not a factor in any medical decision my husband and I make regarding our children or anything else. Whe I was a child, myself and 2 of my close cousins received a couple of vaccines and were very sick afterwards. Fast forward several years and my first child had 3 vaccines when she was a year old and a year later she had cancer and her doctor said that it was unequivicably the result of her getting those vaccines. After being told this information, we never vaccinated the rest of our 6 children and they were never sick as a result.

I listen. I research. I make my decision based an my research and what I feel is the best decision for myself and my family.  

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting celticdragon77:

See a naturopath or holistic practitioner, and keep seeing them, until you find one with a detox solution for your daughter. Most of the vax damage can be repaired, usually. mothering dot com has anti-vax groups with very helpful ladies who've BTDT.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I never watch the tool, or any 'doctor' on tv. I lost all respect for him when he did a show on hCG diets.....like covering yourself w/ a female hormone that only exists when one is preggers is a 'smart' move for weightloss? Not!! 

Whether one chooses to vaccinate, do a different vax schedule, or not vax at all, is a very personal decision. Each parent needs to research THEMSELVES to determine what they are comfortable with, just like other big parenting decisions - homeschooling, circumcision, etc. 

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I don't know. The doctors never have answers. I don't think the vaccine has been out long enough to really have a long term idea of things. Plus, it is easy for people to write that "my daughters period went missing" - but it would take years later for those same moms or for those daughters to come back and say "I cant have kids". But yeah, it is scary, because I have wondered what exactly happened to cause that and what are the long term effects?

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

That is so scary. I know there are a lot more issues than Autism, just that Autism is a big one.

Can you report it somehow? If it has happened to others, then obviously it could be related to the vax.

Do you know if this affects her long term? Will it affect her chances of getting pregnant or having fertility issues? Does anyone even know of the long term effects? It's all so scary, thank you for sharing your experience, my dd definitely will never get it now, I will just teach her about it. I've managed to go my whole life without getting HPV.

Quoting celticdragon77:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)