Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dr. Oz Says No To Vaccinating His Kids

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Replies (31-37):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually don't like dr oz, but I'm glad he is smart enough to skip the vaccines. I didn't watch the clip. We do not vaccinate either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SixPack747
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:35 AM
My son had a problem with this shot too. He only had it once when he was 2 months old and had swelling in the fontanelle on top of his head. He hasnt had a shot since..!

Quoting Koltie6:

As the parent of a brain injured child (Dtap) we no longer vaccinate.
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never watched dr oz so I can't form an opinion about him personally, but I fully agree with not vaccinating. Neither of my girls have had any shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm sorry that happened to him. I hope there were no lasting effects. We were not fortunate in that respects. My son has seizures and very little speech.

Quoting SixPack747:

My son had a problem with this shot too. He only had it once when he was 2 months old and had swelling in the fontanelle on top of his head. He hasnt had a shot since..!

Quoting Koltie6:

As the parent of a brain injured child (Dtap) we no longer vaccinate.

Koltie6
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
There is a a lot of controversy over this vaccine. I think it will be taken off market soon. Research it and it will make you sick the cover ups of information just to make a buck.

Quoting celticdragon77:

My daughter had the HPV shot and there were issues. I had to pay (a lot) to have tests ran and the drs only conclusion was that it was the HPV shot. When I asked if it should be reported, they said no, there was no direct proof. I wonder how anything gets reported then.

It also turned out that I was lied to about the some of the risk factors. I flat out had asked about certain risks because it runs in our family.

I am sure that for most girls, this shot causes no major issues. However, I don't like how so many doctors are so quick to dismiss the risks against specific family history risks... all in the name of giving out these shots. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).

But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.

Quoting tuffymama:

I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

Koltie6
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Also you should have been given a brochure with an 800 number on it to report side effects. Google Vaccine injury or the gardasil vaccine website and you will find a place to report. If you go to NVIC you will also find a place to record the story of what happened to your daughter. It might help others decide not to get it for their child.

Quoting Koltie6:

There is a a lot of controversy over this vaccine. I think it will be taken off market soon. Research it and it will make you sick the cover ups of information just to make a buck.

Quoting celticdragon77:

My daughter had the HPV shot and there were issues. I had to pay (a lot) to have tests ran and the drs only conclusion was that it was the HPV shot. When I asked if it should be reported, they said no, there was no direct proof. I wonder how anything gets reported then.

It also turned out that I was lied to about the some of the risk factors. I flat out had asked about certain risks because it runs in our family.

I am sure that for most girls, this shot causes no major issues. However, I don't like how so many doctors are so quick to dismiss the risks against specific family history risks... all in the name of giving out these shots. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I, unfortunately, had a child before I was smart enough to research things on my own.  I also have one that I was not responsible for at the young vax age.  Luckily, our kids have been ok.  But our next kid or any kids we have together will not get all the "recommended" vaccines.  And I consider a lot before giving them to my kids now (the few they have left to get and have gotten in the past couple years).

But why do you say never get the HPV vax?  I'm just curious.  I am pretty sure I made the cutoff when it first came out- I remember thinking about it anyway and knowing I would say no...and DD won't ever get it.  But that's just because I (now) don't agree with what I see as unnecessary vaccines...I don't know a real 'good' reason to say no.

Quoting tuffymama:

I'm parenting and schooling an MMR vax injured kid here, so I have definite, strong opinions about vaccines. DH has so much heavy metal in his system from everything the Marines shot him up with, that he's been advised not to detox it without medical supervision. I research vaccines, GMOs, BigAg, and Big Pharma almost daily. It ALL leads back to CONgress and their greed. I won't rail at you all on my views, but I do implore you to THOROUGHLY research both sides and the middle before making a potentially life altering decision for your child's health. And never get the HPV vax!

oredeb
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

ive never vacinated my kids, they are in there 30s now and never had any problems

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)