Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First week wrap up!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

Well, I've been through the fire and survived. LOL I am here to tell you that you will make it, through, too!

We did pretty good considering I had a family emergency to deal with that completely bombed Wednesday. On the plus side, as an experienced homeschooler of my family, I decided to not schedule anything on Fridays because I have the expectation of needing to make things up. 8)

Cole didn't get all of his spelling done this week, but we did get all of his Math and Science (including labs, glory hallelujah!) 

Missie is finishing up her Science after lunch. I had no expectations on how long her Math would take or how far we would get in it so that worked out. LOL She has been assigned her History, too. She is supposed to do that on her free time.

So the week hasn't been a complete bust! Yay! As a matter of fact, we've done pretty awesome all things considered.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

That's awesome!

I like the idea of keeping Fridays open, but Wednesdays are co op days so I feel like we won't get much done on Wednesdays so I am not scheduling much for Wednesdays.  Maybe I will keep Fridays light so if they have work to finish, they will have time.

Glad everything went ok even with the family emergency in the middle of it.  Hope things go a little smoother for a while now!

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Glad to hear things went well.  We all have to figure out what works for our families as well as each individual child because they are just that....individual.  Sorry to hear about your emergency, hope all is well.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yeah!!!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

That is wonderful.

oredeb
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM

yea mem!!!! hope your dads doing ok?

also when we first started we never did school on fridays either, for years!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Yay! We start back next week and I am still trying to get everything together.  Hopefully walmart has a solar system or a bunch of different sized balls we can paint and use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN