Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How does this keep happening? My calendar just keeps filling up?

Posted by   + Show Post

lol Lazy days of summer my left foot!

What about you?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momof697
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM

My DH is a dairy farmer so summer is extremely busy for us, then add in we bought another house and it needs renovting (and paying for those renovations) add on 5 kids to camp at different times and 1 daughter works and I have to drive her and pick her up. crazy crazy crazy. things will not slow down until mid Aug (my DD job will be done then.) but farming will still be happeneing and I still need order material and look through it to make plans.

oredeb
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

oh yes lazy days!! well except for the next couple weeks i gotta plan a baby shower for my 2nd daughter for august,

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

We don't go a lot of places, it just seems to be adding up. I'm sure to some people we are hardly even busy. LOL

Quoting bren_darlene:

Every one is different.  We are home bodies.  We never go anywhere. lol 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

The kids and I were all very happy to have some routine back when we started school again.

Quoting Dawn07:

My thoughts exactly. I was waiting on summer so I could get some things done around the house and work on my own little projects. Yeh right! I've had no time. And we're home bodies too. I'm almost looking forward to school starting again just so I can have some routine back.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
It is very tempting to want to start as soon as the last books get here.

Quoting mem82:

The kids and I were all very happy to have some routine back when we started school again.

Quoting Dawn07:

My thoughts exactly. I was waiting on summer so I could get some things done around the house and work on my own little projects. Yeh right! I've had no time. And we're home bodies too. I'm almost looking forward to school starting again just so I can have some routine back.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

There are so many fun things to do in the summer that are free. I hate not taking advantage of them. Who doesn't want to go to the magic show at the library or the free nature class at the park? lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Us too!  We take turns every other day with something fun: library, zoo, museum and working on the house: painting, cleaning, eBaying.  I wish the summer days would slow down a bit myself.  :)

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Those sound like so much fun.  I am trying to see if my kids are old enough to do some volunteer work this summer.  They love animals and the shleter is looking for volunteers.  Just have to keep the youngest away from the dogs....or we will have some sever wheezing on our hands (she would love to play with them all, but her allergies keep her away).

Quoting mem82:

There are so many fun things to do in the summer that are free. I hate not taking advantage of them. Who doesn't want to go to the magic show at the library or the free nature class at the park? lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Us too!  We take turns every other day with something fun: library, zoo, museum and working on the house: painting, cleaning, eBaying.  I wish the summer days would slow down a bit myself.  :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

That does sound very busy.

Quoting Momof697:

My DH is a dairy farmer so summer is extremely busy for us, then add in we bought another house and it needs renovting (and paying for those renovations) add on 5 kids to camp at different times and 1 daughter works and I have to drive her and pick her up. crazy crazy crazy. things will not slow down until mid Aug (my DD job will be done then.) but farming will still be happeneing and I still need order material and look through it to make plans.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It feels like we have something going on every weekend.  Our weeks have been pretty laid back though so we have somewhat of a balance!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We usually have about the same amount of things all year round.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)