Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you take one BIG vacation or several smaller 'fun' days?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

How do you use your summer fun?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM
One big vacation every year and small ones just to take a break or get out from the city. Last Nov to Hawaii to meet my parents half way. In two weeks to California and Maui early next year.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

We used to take two trips a year but then the economic woes put an end to that. One of trips was a relaxing one at the beach. The other one was a "go" trip to a city or somewhere, we'd keep moving. We opted to stick with the beach and drop the city trips. Really whenever we get a moment we tend to enjoy it and relax all summer long though.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
We do a day here and there. I'm hoping for a big vacation again one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Last year we did a 3 week camping trip and had a blast!  This year we're doing a couple of 4 day trips, and I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip to Great Wolf Lodge.  We don't tend to budget a lot for vacations, so big trips are few and far between for us.  My parents moving away from Disney was a sad, sad day for us.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

It changes from year to year. Last year we went on a cruise! That was amazing and I hope we can plan another for next year. But this year, our oldest is going on 2 travel trips with his swim team. They have already gone to Miss. and will head to Florida in a couple of weeks. Soooo, those trips pretty much blow our budget for anything more than weekend trips to the lake or amusement parks or to visit family.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We don't only travel in the summer. 

We take several trips. Just depends on the year, the budget and what's going on in the family. Most years we take a big trip to California to see DH's family but we weren't going to this year - we went to the gulf coast instead. But then a month later, DH's grandma died so we went to California anyway. We are all out of money now and probably won't take any more trips in 2013, except a weekend down to Kentucky in October to see a civil war re-enactment.

oredeb
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

we have one in august or sept sometimes july for a couple weeks

then we have our hunting trip for a week in oct.

our anniversary camping trip for a week

and on weekends some short ones to go crabbing or fishing

and a couple weeks in maui (december) every year

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I get two weeks of vacation over the summer, so we usually go visit family for one week and then do something else for the other.  Plus we do little mini trips when we have the time and can afford it.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM

We always go to family camp for the week around the 4th of July.  Then we like to take mini-trips all year long.  BUT this year my mom and dad are renting a beach house for a week in August and we'll be going along!  So excited!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Hubby takes a week off for vacation but we do  stay-cations more then we do away vacations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN