Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you take one BIG vacation or several smaller 'fun' days?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you use your summer fun?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (11-15):
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM
We usually do one big vacation, but not this year. So far we did a mini weekend beach trip and we plan to do another mini beach trip this weekend coming!! We love the beach!! 💗
amanda.lyn
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Usually lots of little ones all summer, but then a big one every few years! Next year it's going to b4 Disney!
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Most summers we do both, we take a few weeks and go up north and also camp and do small trips locally.  This summer we're just taking small trips here and there locally, when we can.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM

My DH doesn't get any time off right now:(  and we couldnt' afford a big vaca anyway.  He thinks that 'normal' people do not take a big vaca every year, I try to tell him that actually, it's the norm to take a vaca every year, he doesn't agree, lol.  I'm fine not taking vacations, but I think our kids miss out on some things.  We used to go to the beach for a week because my grandmother owns a house on the beach, and I went as a kid, but stuff happened within my family and now no one uses it :( 

I'm sure once we feel a little more settled and DH is making a little more money (or if I go back to work) we will save for a vacation, and after a year he should get some time off from this new job.  We'll see.  This economy has kind of ruined all of our plans, goals, and ambitions on the financial front.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM
We do small day/weekend trips. Actually in our entire twelve years of marriage we have never been on a 'vacation'. Heck oyr honeymoon was a one night stay stay, half an hour away. Lol
I do want to go on some really trips/vacations as they get a little older though. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)