Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First Day back with two.......I am so nervous!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

LOL, you would think this would get easier.  I hope in later years it does.

I am starting school early this summer since we have baby #4 on the way and I know that we will all need down time when she gets here.  So today is the day.  I have a 1st grader and a preschooler and we use Sonlight.  My sons were very excited to see their new school books go up on our bookshelves yesterday.  I am just hoping that the timing works out for all of this.

I am going with a more relaxed approach this year and not worry if we don't get every single thing done in a day.  I drove myself crazy last year with that and it was only one child.  LOL  I am thinking from 9-11 we will work on school work and then take a break(cleaning for Mom), lunch and then back to the oldest stuff.  Then if I can get a little time in the afternoon to finish cleaning, that would be awesome.

Wish us luck!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Good luck.  Today we were suppose to start but we did not get everything moved in that we need for school so we are probably going to start later this week with my 4 children.

You will figure it out and it will be fun.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Good luck! This is Day 1 week 2 for us. I decided to wait to really start preschooling my second son until I get the older two in a good grove.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Good luck!  I am sure you will do great!

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Good luck!

Quoting jwhit8791:

LOL, you would think this would get easier.  I hope in later years it does.

I am starting school early this summer since we have baby #4 on the way and I know that we will all need down time when she gets here.  So today is the day.  I have a 1st grader and a preschooler and we use Sonlight.  My sons were very excited to see their new school books go up on our bookshelves yesterday.  I am just hoping that the timing works out for all of this.

I am going with a more relaxed approach this year and not worry if we don't get every single thing done in a day.  I drove myself crazy last year with that and it was only one child.  LOL  I am thinking from 9-11 we will work on school work and then take a break(cleaning for Mom), lunch and then back to the oldest stuff.  Then if I can get a little time in the afternoon to finish cleaning, that would be awesome.

Wish us luck!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

good luck

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Good luck!  I'm in the process of evaluating how much I need to do a day.  Doing all 5 kids this year vs the 1 with a toddler in the mix last year.  It's a different feel.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Good luck! It is always good to be open minded to changing things up when homeschooling.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Thanks everyone.  We did end up getting the first day done.  Now it will be seeing how we handle throwing other things in the mix.  Our power went out last night for over 9 hours so everything in my fridge was pretty much toast. 

Guess we will see how a trip to the store and schooling works out.  If we don't get everything done though, I will not stress.  Just start back on it the next day.  See, better attitude already.good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)