Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What has been or is your greatest challenge with homeschooling??

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Replies (21-24):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Thanks

Quoting oredeb:

good post debra!!

Quoting debramommyof4:

My biggest challenge has been giving up the school room expectations.  I do keep a school room because it makes organizing easier.  But I did expect the kids to behave like they were in a school classroom when we first brought my oldest home from public school. 

I have learned to not expect that and am hoping this year I will not struggle as much with it.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My greatest challenges so far have been getting ds1 to stay on task while I work with ds2 and time management.

Momof697
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

scheduling as in keeping everyone flowing from math to science to history to reading. and on time so I can have time to clean my house.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Its always different every year. 2 years ago, my dad was in a horrible hit and run accident and we had to go back home and help out for a few month, so it was learning to balance that stress, and taking minimal stuff as possible, and balancing all that stress. Last year, it was dealing with big issues that would arise (like computer crashes) and still fitting the lessons in with lack of equipment. This year, I'm adding my 4 year old in "full time" (as in not just once or twice a week, but a little something every day), and I'm going back to school, so I'm sure I'm going to run into scheduling problems.
I guess in the end, it really boils down to finding the balance between getting school work done when life gets in the way where we're not all stressed and cranky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN