Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD is 5 (June bday), and very excited to be considered a kindergartener this year. She keeps asking me when the first day of school is. She really wants me to give her a first day to count down to.

The thing is, she's been working at a first grade level for a while now and we've been schooling through the summer. So not a lot is going to change once she's "officially" K. We're almost finished with HWT so we can start the next book on our first day. Same with building thinking skills. Math and science we're right in the middle of so no changes there. I'll be ordering some new games and hands on stuff so I can bring those out day 1 to make it more interesting. I've also promised her a trip to the store for a backpack and new school supplies. So enough I can make it something new and hopefully meet her expectations of k.

The problem is I can't give her a date. I have a big surgery looming and I don't know when it will be. I don't want to give her a date then be unavailable for it, or get two days in and then have to stop.

So when would you start? Wait til I have a date then start a couple weeks after regardless? Start with other kids here and just deal when surgery comes? Quickly get our new year planned and let her start in just a couple weeks? I know it doesn't really matter, but it does to her. And this surgery is stressing her out a bit and my limitations are getting to us all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Replies (21-21):
Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting romacox:

That is such a precious story.  I enjoyed reading it.  Good luck on your surgery. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)