Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What subject do you feel the least confident teaching?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is there a subject where you feel like you just "have" to use a ore made curric and follow it because you don't feel you can do it on your own?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Algebra or Science.

Even though I feel this way, I still do not use any curricukum other than what I write.
wowguildmomma
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

math which is why DH teaches it. lol

oredeb
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

oh yes language arts i always use a workbook!

sdgd21
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Me too and grammar. :-/

Quoting Boobah:

See, I LOVE art, but have a hard time "teaching it". I'm loving art with the Waldorf method though. I hated all that picture study and such. We just have fun and learn through experimenting and modeling.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh boy you guys are gonna love this one.....ART!  I hate art!  It's so bad that I have the boys pick 4 mediums and we buy books.  I follow them to the letter!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM

All of them.  I am getting really anxious.

But really, history, I know nothing and will be learning with them.  SOTW is my bff right now.

I am also anxious about Bible, I know some of it but it has been a LONG time and I just don't know where to start, so I think we will just start reading the bible and go from there...

I think I am ok with the other stuff, but I do need guidance with it.  Ooh, Science is another one I am really anxious about, I just got the start of our curriculum and am really excited about that, it seems very easy to follow and it's all there nicely.

lucsch
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Writing and P.E. are two I will muddle through.

My main subject that may end up being outsourced is foreign language. I only have one year of French in my background.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Art! Gah!!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha, me too!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh boy you guys are gonna love this one.....ART!  I hate art!  It's so bad that I have the boys pick 4 mediums and we buy books.  I follow them to the letter!

amanda.lyn
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I have a hard time explaining math... So we just Teaching text books!
luvcats406
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I hate math!  I use as much books and workbooks as I can, ones with answers.  I can understand easy word problems but not the upper grade ones.  Physics and chemistry are hard for me also. My husband has to help me with those!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)