Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Why, oh why do they do this!!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
3 moms liked this

Have school supply sales that is! Don't they know I am a school supply hoarder and having sales on 24 count crayons for only .10 with a coupon only makes me want to buy buy buy!!

I can always use crayons and glue and paper. Oh how I love paper. Colored post it notes, my favorite supply ever. If those were to ever go on sale, I think I would need an intervention!

Who else LOVES school supplies!!

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

hahahahahahahahahhaah

FootballFan12
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You are laughing at my addiction!! hahaa

Okay, it is funny but I can't help it..lol

Quoting oredeb:

hahahahahahahahahhaah

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, my name is Susan, and I have a problem.  It's been nearly a week since I purchased my last ream of paper.  I also picked up a few paper clips and a pack of post-it notes.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Hi, my name is dawn and I like pens.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I am thinking about buying a ton of the crayons when they are on sale to do an art project where we glue them together to make something & then leave it outside to study the the way the sun affects them. We saw an art exhibit like that years ago & I felt like the artist could have done it so much better if he had done a few things differently so I want to perfect the idea.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
At Walmart today I was only supposed to be getting groceries but my feet went straight to the supplies with absolutely no permission from my brain. I swear it happened just like that! Thankfully, my brain engaged just in time to keep me from blowing the food budget. But oh! All the pretty notebooks! Ooo, and organizers and pens and sparkly desk accessories!
housewifehell
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I used to do that when ever there was a school supply sale I was there buying things by the case but now that I actually have kids I dont have that much extra money to spend on that stuff and my kids are still toddlers so the most I need right now is some crayons and glue :)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem only I can't buy anything.  It is driving me nuts.  I on vacation in MT staying with a friend till the end of august.  I live in VA so unless I am willing to ship whatever I buy I am stuck just not buying anything.  I guess I am stuck just spending money on Amazon.  LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
School's in or school's out, I always buy paper and pencils and markers and pens and erasers and and and and and and the list goes on........

LOL
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM

So...when I was working in ps, the teacher I worked with for the past couple years liked to throw out the worn out crayons and use brand new ones, so I have bags of used crayons because I couldn't just throw them away.  I can send some to you if you want, I don't know if there is a number you want or if you just wanted to use brand new ones for a very specific measurement of change, but if you want some used ones, let me know how many!  And now I will make this an experiment for my kids too.

Quoting usmom3:

I am thinking about buying a ton of the crayons when they are on sale to do an art project where we glue them together to make something & then leave it outside to study the the way the sun affects them. We saw an art exhibit like that years ago & I felt like the artist could have done it so much better if he had done a few things differently so I want to perfect the idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)