Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

2013 sales tax holidays for back-to-school shopping

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
BJ
  • 9 Replies

Dose your state have this?

CLICK TO SEE THE LIST

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FootballFan12
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My state does but it is only for shoes and clothes. Not much help there.. ha

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting FootballFan12:

My state does but it is only for shoes and clothes. Not much help there.. ha

It used to be that way here in Texas but a few years ago they added school supplies to the list. I live within an hour of the New Mexico boarder, if we decide we need a computer or computer related things I might take a trip over there because theres includes computers & computer hardware.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yep, my state does for clothes and supplies.  Good to know when it is.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Still so weird to me, lol. I think I may live in the only state without a sales tax! It would be so annoying to me to have to pay tax on everything I buy! We have meals tax, on any prepared food, and I justify it to myself that someone else prepared it so the tax makes sense. I guess our property taxes make up for it though :/
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I had never heard of it, and we don't here in Ohio :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Do you pay a state income tax? In my state (Texas) We have NO state income tax & food is not taxed unless it is prepared food like at a restaurant. Everything else is taxed.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Still so weird to me, lol. I think I may live in the only state without a sales tax! It would be so annoying to me to have to pay tax on everything I buy! We have meals tax, on any prepared food, and I justify it to myself that someone else prepared it so the tax makes sense. I guess our property taxes make up for it though :/

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Nope. Literally only taxes are federal income, property, prepared food (9%), and maybe cigarettes? I'm not sure because I don't buy them but I know they cost an arm and a leg. Regular food like at the grocery store is not taxed (unless you buy like a cooked rotisserie chicken or something). And no state income tax.

Quoting usmom3:

Do you pay a state income tax? In my state (Texas) We have NO state income tax & food is not taxed unless it is prepared food like at a restaurant. Everything else is taxed.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

wowguildmomma
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM

another texan so yup tax holiday YAY!

MacMamaof5
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:05 AM

NC!  Yes, we have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)