Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This is why I plan to homeschool

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 0 Replies

"Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit with which to tackle the big challenges; it should allow you to find values which will be your road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are, whomever you are with; it should teach you what is important, how to live and how to die." John Taylor Gatto
I believe that every human being has something unique to contribute to the world. I believe that children should be allowed to pursue their interest and educate themselves in whatever it is that sparks their fancy. Learning about R.I.E and raising my son using this philosophy has taught me so much about the way humans learn and how public education actually discourages learning. Children are born curious. Children are born active learners and we are taught to entertain them and rehearse certain things over and over again. When we take free will out of learning we take away the fun.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN