Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying curriculum

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

Where are some good sites to buy curriculum? I've looked at ebay and it seems kind of high to me, but I may be wrong.

Theresa
         busy mom

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bmw29
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
For some things I go directly to the curriculum website but I also really like rainbow resources.
PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

If eBay is expensive for you, you can try amazon.com. 

But you can do like I do and use thrift stores. Average book cost is $2. I take my kindle, research the books to see if they are up to date and have good reviews.

90% of my materials come from thrift stores. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Amazon, Christian Book Distributors, Rainbow Resouce... and then you have curricula specific sites of course (direct from publishers, I mean).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
There are lots of used homeschool sites. Www.homeschoolclassifieds.com www.forums.welltrainedmind.com and lots of Facebook groups. There is a big one on varagesale.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I found my complete abeka curriculum for 80.00 at www.craigslist.com
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Amazon has worked really good for me

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Timberdoodle is one of my faves. I also like currclick.com

Cemommster
by Jenny on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You just need to do your research  I have found curriculum on Amazon that is not any cheaper then buying it from the company itself.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Amazon is what I use mostly- they have some good used materials that I have gotten for very inexpensive. Sometimes I go directly to the curriculum web site or just search around the web to see who has the best deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)