Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone..

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

that replied to my previous post titled "Confused :(", I GREATLY appreciate all of your wonderful advice. You all put a lot into perspective for me. I am sure we are now postive about our decision  to homeschool. Kids are growing up so fast these days and a lot of the time it's their peers at school to blame (like it or not). I want to keep her innocent and happy as long as I possibly can. "Normal" isn't always the right choice. Now if you sweet ladies would like to hand over tips, advice or anything to know about HS I would love to know! I am looking forward to what is to come for our family! Thanks again!

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Congratulations xoemmatee.  We are glad to have you part of this group of wonderful moms, and dads. Following is an article full of lots of information from pre-K through high school. 

How To Home School

PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

The thrift store is your best friend

Don't over buy! No matter how much you want to!

Keep it simple your first year.

Be pre pared for hours of planning

Before you start, figure out what kind of learner your kid is.

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM
This is a must website for me www.donnayoung.org when I first started. You can print out forms, worksheets and etc.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I have a lot of free websites. How old is your dd, I forget? I will post them after church today when I can get on my laptop.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

That's great! Sometimes taking that first step toward homeschooling is the hardest step to take, but it is so worth it.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I agree with others who said don't buy too much stuff! At least in the beginning. It's tempting but just remember, you aren't trying to recreate the brick & mortar classroom experience. You're just trying to teach YOUR child.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Congrats on your choice!

oredeb
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

congratulations xoe!!! its very worth it!

tips: have fun!!! make learning fun for both of you, you dont have to teach the way the public school does(unless you want to) theres lots of other ways to go about it.

learn how your daughter learns,

what does she find interesting- let her explore it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)