Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My ears hurt.

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I swear it seems as if my kids never stop talking. Even when I go out of the room they follow me! I am currently taking a break on my bed because I am just done with noise for a bit. I'm extremely sensitive to noise and if they aren't talking they are humming, popping, squeaking, squeaking, whining, crying...

You get the point. Anyone else just want some ear plugs today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleCupcake
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM

YES! My hubby just took mine to the library so I could get some peace!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Many times I say I want peace & quit but when I get it I miss the background noise so much I turn on the radio or TV to have it back.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
oh yes. I feel like that often!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I definitely understand that!

I am planning on implementing "rest time" once we start schooling, after school and lunch, it will be one hour in our rooms, alone..lol.

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

LOL! Do you live in my house?? My 6 yr old sounds like 3 people talking at once and she is ALWAYS talking. If I didn't know better I would think she had to keep making noise to survive. My one year old niece lives here too & she likes to squeal she she has been run over by a truck. Some days I just want to run the oppsite direction of where ever they are. Lucky for me they aren't always here together during the day so I do get a break at times.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM

If I'm stressed noise makes it worse so sometimes I have to go outside and relax.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM

My children are obsessed with minecraft. It is all they can talk about. I usually have to leave the room. It drives me N-U-T-S.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM
3 moms liked this
My 6 year old talks constantly. Now he's started talking to himself. While he's playing alone he's keeping up a running commentary. My grown son was like that, never stopped talking. One day I sent him to his room for a break and I heard him say, "So walls, how's your day going?" LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Lol, my kids know if I'm in my chair on the porch then "I'm on break" lol. My kids follow me around to give me a minute by minute explanation of their latest video game, or minute by minute reselling of a show they watched! I can't get them to cut it out! Lol

oredeb
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

awwwwwww

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN