Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random Question

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

How many of you plan your kids curriculm vs. buying boxed curriculm?

I plan my son's, and I have been working on it for the last couple weeks, and I just don't feel like I have made a dent.  I am hoping to start schooling towards the first of August, but I just don't picture that actually working out.  More then likely we will be starting around the 15th.  How about y'all, when do you start?  

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I started a week and a half ago, and I already feel as though I'm drowning.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I started a few weeks ago I just try to know what I'm doing for the week. Add stuff in as you plan it.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Oh no! What's wrong?

Quoting hwblyf:

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I looked through each piece so I could pick what (hopefully) dd will enjoy the most.

We're starting on August 14.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I plan the lion's share of all curriculum for my brood. I will use whatever comes to my mind and my finger tips. For us, schooling/learning is always a happenin thing. This year Iamgoing to try and school as much as possible on most days. Operative word being ( try). lol
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Mix of boxed and stuff I threw together.  We are going to try to start the 5th if his dad agrees.

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

i plan my kids curr, and i start in july and by the time we start in the middle of sept again i have it all done.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
We started last week also. I used a boxed set and add a little bit. I think we finished about 3 days worth.....we are also trying to flip a house and needed to get it rented so I had to work on that also. I was starting to freak out a little about only doing 3 days instead of the 5 that we were supposed to but I am not going to do that this year. With a baby due in Nov and 3 other kids (6,4, and 2) I figure this year is all about FLEXIBILTY! LOL
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

We buy curriculum, but not boxed programs. I buy the curriculum pieces (textbooks, workbooks, worktexts, etc) and then create my own lesson plans.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I went from just having the 10 year old in January and trying to keep his 4yo brother out of our hair to having the 10yo, almost 9yo, 7yo, 6yo, and bumping the 4.5yo to schooling.  I'm overwhelmed and swing between giving myself slack to learn and figure out what I'm doing and see if enough learning is going on to being panicked and OC about what HAS to be happening at all times.  My kids are gonna learn split personalities, that's what they're going to learn.  :)

Quoting mem82:

Oh no! What's wrong?

Quoting hwblyf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)