Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How many of you plan your kids curriculm vs. buying boxed curriculm?

I plan my son's, and I have been working on it for the last couple weeks, and I just don't feel like I have made a dent.  I am hoping to start schooling towards the first of August, but I just don't picture that actually working out.  More then likely we will be starting around the 15th.  How about y'all, when do you start?  

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-14):
mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM

We started in June and took a break for a while because of bigger priorities, and started again last week. DD is just starting prek right now, so I am basically planning it myself. I use a free curriculum Wordpress but have added in other things as well.

CafeMom Tickers
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

We mostly school year round. Starting this week through the first week of August (or so) I plan and gather and burrow in making my plans for the coming year. Yay?, lol. But I've got a handle on it now since we've been HSing for about a decade

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I buy from different publishers, online subscriptions, printables and make my own. We did not stop and next week we're going on vacation!!!!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I haven't started HSing yet, but I am planning my own for the most part, but I do have some texts to guide me.  We are starting Sept 3rd (schools here start Sept 4th)...the kids wanted to start early but now they have decided they want to wait...I'm ok with that bc I am not quite ready yet!  I like having a definite start date, but I think they will be doing some other stuff before that, once DD finishes camp this week.  DS has an app building class, and they are sending ping pong ball experiments to space, so they have some school stuff going on, but nothing structured yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)