Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We are ready for our new school year.

I finally have all dd's books in, so I packed up last year's books to make room for our new books. I'm really excited to start now!

I finally bought some totes so I can store our old books and paperwork in. I used the grade print outs we used for pictures and put them in the front so I know what grade books are in each tote. Pretty nifty!

I got my 2 yr olds stuff together. Hopefully this will help keep him occupied while I'm teaching dd. He is so hard to keep occupied, little monkey!

After getting all the books sorted out, and picking up a few school supplies, I reorganized the school area (corner of my daughter's room) and added a few new things. Granted we usually end up at the kitchen table, or couch, or trampoline...lol you get the picture, but I like having this designated area for all our school stuff.

So now all we have left to do is send in our notification (our first year doing it, so slightly anxious) and wait for our start date...if we can wait ;)

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-16):
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Oh, I love that totes idea.....I might have to steal that one since I have a year between my two boys and am doing 1st grade and preschool with them. Haven't figured out where to put the Kindy stuff yet. Thanks!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

You're welcome :) I found the idea on pinterest, lol.

Quoting jwhit8791:

Oh, I love that totes idea.....I might have to steal that one since I have a year between my two boys and am doing 1st grade and preschool with them. Haven't figured out where to put the Kindy stuff yet. Thanks!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
It seems too easy though. It says something about agreeing to meet the state attendance requirement, but there is no reporting or anything. Not that I'm complaining! ( I'm in LA too.)

Quoting Dawn07:

Ok, so just sent in my email and already recieved my confirmation back. Now we are officially ready, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That is great!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

When you turn the form in you are saying you agree to follow the state attendance requirement, I'm guessing they are trusting the parent(s) to follow through. I do keep track of some of the things required in the home study option including attendance, only because I was taught to keep my butt covered ;) I just don't turn it in.

Quoting Bluecalm:

It seems too easy though. It says something about agreeing to meet the state attendance requirement, but there is no reporting or anything. Not that I'm complaining! ( I'm in LA too.)

Quoting Dawn07:

Ok, so just sent in my email and already recieved my confirmation back. Now we are officially ready, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)