Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Joke this is changing our lives!

I just wanted to tell you guys that first of all I was not into this Essential Oil thing at ALL until I finally got tired of reading my friends facebook status about how much these oils were helping my friends. Being that we home school I got to researching into these oils and I finally met up with one of my friends and got samples of 2 different oils. I got the Peace and Calming and En-r-gee from her. I honestly can say as soon as I pulled away I tried the peace and calming because it had been one of those day and I was so happy with it! I was seriously so calm and not as irritated at all! I was really surprised how well it worked. So once I got home I needed to finish my housework so I then applied the en-r-gee and holy cow it worked too! I felt good and ready to get the jobs I need to do done! I decided after a week of more research that I would order a kit. I couldn't be happier about that. I ordered a additional oil with my kit called Clarity for my 13 year old daughter to try out while she does her school work because she has alot of trouble concentrating. Let me just tell you we have had some of the best home school days in 3 years she was able to complete her work and be so much more focused and she has ever been. So I am sharing this with you just to pass it along because it has really worked wonders for our family! You cant beat anything natural that works so well :-) The oil kit I ordered was from youngliving.com If you look into it and have any questions please feel free to ask and I will help you out.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Replies (11-17):
swim-mom72
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Right now I am using avocado oil for my base oil, and I really like it. I have used regular old olive oil too : )   You can also add them to lotion or salve if whenever you need a little extra something.

Oh yeah! Many of the essential oils are great to put into your laundry when you are washing it too! If you have musty smelling clothes, tea tree oil is wonderful to help get rid of that smell.

Quoting butterfly112505:

I really like using coconut oil to help stretch the oil also.

Quoting swim-mom72:I 

Yep, depends on the oil. Some oils are too potent to place directly on the skin. They are meant to be mixed with a base oil or put in a diffuser. Some oils you can even ingest or put into your bath water.

Quoting butterfly112505:

It really depends on the oil you are using. The ones we have you can put on your skin behind the ears and neck or feet.  Also using them in a diffuser works really well for us. The website has how and were to apply each oil its really helpful since it can vary.

Quoting usmom3:

How do you use it? Do you smell it or put it on your skin or what?

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

good plug for eos!!! yea!!! they work great!

butterfly112505
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I honestly wrote this post because of the difference it has made for us all ready. We are a family that has not had insurance for a while and we deal with thing as best we can with vitamins and natural ways, so when I saw about the essential oils it sparked interest. I am not trying to sell anything just passing it along. But I am thinking about selling them because I know this will be something I use for the rest of my life! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
A friend of mine sells them and I keep meaning to try them, but they are so pricey, even at the "wholesale" prices. One of these days. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Eh, not my thing
butterfly112505
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Yes they can be pricey. The kit I ordered was $150.00 it included 9 oils and a diffuser and 2 smaller bottles of oil. But a little goes a long way. They vary in price from $10.00 to $80.00. Most are in between the $10.00 and $40.00 range. I would spend that much easly at the vitamin store. 

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I order online from  Fabulous Frannie. She runs a lot of sales. I bought 3, .33 oz bottles, for $5 each and got one bottle free. Even without her sale prices, her bottles are about the cheapest I have run across.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)