Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those actively planning... Check in!

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 36 Replies

How's it coming?

I've finished first quarter plans for everything BUT science. My husband almost had a coronary when he noticed I have like 4 different core science texts/books I planned on using (bwahaha); he talked me down to two (or three... lol).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Britty1987
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm addicted to it lol. I've planned a few months but baby girl is due November 5th so I'm tryin to hold off a little :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I've beenttrying to gauge how fast the kidsare going to the move throughtthis stuf .
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I still have to plan the older ones lessons still.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I have a good bit planned for all subjects except English. 

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

*blah* I need to get going, most years I have their whole school year planned by now, but this year I don't even have anything but what materials we're using in each subject.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I have the rough plans for the whole year.  I have the specific plans for the rest of July and all of August.  I don't like to get more than a month ahead so that we can change and adapt as the year progresses.  I've already been surprised by how little review they seem to need so far.

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

ive got a few unit studies done, need a few more

but the lesson plans i'll do when school starts weekly

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Aahh!  No, I am freaking out.  I don't even know what curriculums we are using for some subjects.  So far I have planned a bunch of history-but I keep adding to it since we are using SOTW and they are a bit old for it, so I'm trying to make sure we have enough documentaries and older kid books to hold their interest, then that makes me add or adjust assignments...

I'm good to go for Science, that's pretty exciting!  I have been printing and laminating like crazy for science, and that curriculum is laid for me for quite a bit.

Math and Writing books for DS should be coming this week, but he might not be quite ready for the math, but I do have a back up to start him on something, so once I get this one I will look through it to see if he will be ready to start on that right away or if he will need to do the other plan for a bit first, either way I still have to do some planning for that..

And a writing book for DD should be coming with those, so once I have that I can do some planning.

I have the Saxon Math for DD, so we will start there, but I still have to make plans.

I am ready to go for Grammar and Spelling for both of them.

My mom is buying them Hands on Sign Language for their birthdays-so they should get that tomorrow night when we go out to celebrate with my parents.

I think I really need to get the books this week, and then go through everything and see what I still need to look for.  It's so hard to not just buy everything I want for them, DH asked me if we won the lottery if I would still want to HS, I was like are you kidding???  I would be even more excited because we could buy whatever we need, build a school room, and travel all over the place! lol. 

Maybe if you ask this questions again in a few weeks I won't be as panicked ;)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I am actively planning all year long.  Researching and coming up with creative ways to teach is a passion of mine.  I am still working on creative math class.  

jenelle_trader
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'm trying to!  Brand new to homeschooling and I'm so confused!  I've been searching the web, but can't decide what to use and if it meets our state requirements.  I know what the requirements are, I have the webpage, but it's so technical.  i don't know how to plan our days, how many hrs per day, days per week, when to do filed trips, etc.. I want it to be more than just worksheets and online learning.  I want it to be fun (in a way), to keep her attention (btw, my daughter will be 5), and in a way she can understand.  She's more of a visual/hands on learner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)