Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

For those actively planning... Check in!

Posted by   + Show Post

How's it coming?

I've finished first quarter plans for everything BUT science. My husband almost had a coronary when he noticed I have like 4 different core science texts/books I planned on using (bwahaha); he talked me down to two (or three... lol).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Lol I love your teacher's lounge!

Quoting MacMamaof5:

I try not to get ahead more than a month as far as planning, but a "training wheel" schedule is planned and I have scheduled "planning days" for once a month.  Also, I have just finished the craft room/teacher's lounge (lol) and placed their curriculum in the front room benches...out of site, but accessible for where ever we decide we want to learn.  I only need a cd/cassette tape player, printer ink, preschool writing paper, construction and printer papers and then I will be set!  I can't wait!  Well, yes I can--we haven't taken a vacation yet.

teacher

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I still have to order everything. This year got so messed up in the ordering department because we just weren't sure on what was going on and then swim team sucked our lives away for the better part of this summer (last week...one more week...we can do this!!! lol) Since we're 80% positive we're not moving this year, I guess I can actually start ordering everything now (which is on today's to do list actually). Then the planning will start, and poor hubby thinks I'll have time to relax after this week....

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I have the first quarter planned in my planner, still working on the 4 yo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenelle_trader
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Thanks ladies!

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I'm still planning away and doing my research. I will be done in a couple of weeks. I have been procrastinating!!
celticdragon77
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM

If you are using curriculums, what are you planning?

English - LOE and MCT is planned for me. I have a week of some misc materials planned. 

Math - one week planned (completely homemade lesson plans for now). 

History - 2 weeks of "family tree" lesson plans and 6 weeks of mythology planned... (homemade lesson plans for now) - then we will start in on H.O. 

Science - one week planned (completely homemade lesson plans for now).

Art + misc - completely untouched. 

"Wouldnt it be nice if we lived in a world where Zimmerman offered Trayvon a ride home to get him out of the rain that night." 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I buy curriculums, but I add materials, move lessons around to be a better fit, and remove some lessons.  Also for science I bought 4 or 5 textbooks, I plan to use them for the next 2 or 3 years slowly picking and choosing topics until we've covered it all.  (For language arts, I have no curriculum, do it myself)

Quoting celticdragon77:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Lol. None of my curricula came with daily lesson plans? We aren't "open the book and do the next thing" people.

Quoting celticdragon77:

English - LOE and MCT is planned for me. I have a week of some misc materials planned. 

History - 2 weeks of "family tree" lesson plans and 6 weeks of mythology planned... (homemade lesson plans for now) - then we will start in on H.O. 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Not just yet.  I have the boxes and haven't opened them yet.  I need to soon, so that I can get a jump start.

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I think that everything I ordered had a weekly plan. I have been combining a mix of materials for some subjects. I do what I can with the the time I have. I have so many other responsibilities and I already don't get as much done as I wish to (whether with homeschooling or every day life). 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Lol. None of my curricula came with daily lesson plans? We aren't "open the book and do the next thing" people.

Quoting celticdragon77:

"Wouldnt it be nice if we lived in a world where Zimmerman offered Trayvon a ride home to get him out of the rain that night." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)