Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those actively planning... Check in!

Posted by   + Show Post

How's it coming?

I've finished first quarter plans for everything BUT science. My husband almost had a coronary when he noticed I have like 4 different core science texts/books I planned on using (bwahaha); he talked me down to two (or three... lol).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (31-36):
Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Math, handwriting, and geography are all "do the next thing", so that simplifies that. We're still working through SLp4/5 but I'm going to start working on a modified schedule for the literature from core a soon.

Science I've only been planning a day or two ahead and that's getting hard. So I need to take some time and really plan out where we're going with it and be more prepared. I have a good idea though so it's just a matter of doing it.

Phonics is where I'm lost. I'm not sure where we're going with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celticdragon77
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I buy curriculums, but I add materials, move lessons around to be a better fit, and remove some lessons.  Also for science I bought 4 or 5 textbooks, I plan to use them for the next 2 or 3 years slowly picking and choosing topics until we've covered it all.  (For language arts, I have no curriculum, do it myself)

Quoting celticdragon77:

If you are using curriculums, what are you planning?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I've just never found a curriculum that goes in an order I could get behind. 

Quoting celticdragon77:

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I buy curriculums, but I add materials, move lessons around to be a better fit, and remove some lessons.  Also for science I bought 4 or 5 textbooks, I plan to use them for the next 2 or 3 years slowly picking and choosing topics until we've covered it all.  (For language arts, I have no curriculum, do it myself)

Quoting celticdragon77:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Ah. Yeah - all of our texts have chapters, of course, but no "read pages x-x of chapter y; create a keyword outline and begin your constellation project" plans (which is what I prefer - so I make them, lol).

Quoting celticdragon77:

I think that everything I ordered had a weekly plan. I have been combining a mix of materials for some subjects. I do what I can with the the time I have. I have so many other responsibilities and I already don't get as much done as I wish to (whether with homeschooling or every day life). 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Lol. None of my curricula came with daily lesson plans? We aren't "open the book and do the next thing" people.

Quoting celticdragon77:

English - LOE and MCT is planned for me. I have a week of some misc materials planned. 

Math - one week planned (completely homemade lesson plans for now). 

History - 2 weeks of "family tree" lesson plans and 6 weeks of mythology planned... (homemade lesson plans for now) - then we will start in on H.O. 

Science - one week planned (completely homemade lesson plans for now).

Art + misc - completely untouched. 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Were you at one point a teacher? 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Ah. Yeah - all of our texts have chapters, of course, but no "read pages x-x of chapter y; create a keyword outline and begin your constellation project" plans (which is what I prefer - so I make them, lol).

Blacks are 13% of regular drug users but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses
"In New York City, a program called 'stop and frisk', has allowed police to temp. detain and search 685,724 people in 2011, without clear evidence of a crime. In a city that is 44% white - more than 90% of those stopped were minorities." 
36% blacks 18-24yrs are enrolled in college -- 45% whites in that age group
median household income: 33k black / 55k whites
79% blacks say religion is important to their lives -- compared to 56% of all U.S. adults
16% whites believe there is a lot of discrimination -- 56% blacks believe there is

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

No! Lol.

Why?

Quoting celticdragon77:

Were you at one point a teacher? 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)