Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do you play scrabble? It's a great way to build one's vocabulary. :) And it also builds spelling ability.

undefined

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know why but I decided to ask Destinay to play Scrabble and she agreed. She scored 89 points. It's funny I have been worried about Destinay losing information because it has been crazy over here and we haven't done any academics. Then she proved to me that she still has her vocabulary down pat.

Quoting kirbymom:

Aww - why ?

Quoting Mommynay2:

I have Scrabble but nobody wants to play with me.

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Not Scrabble, but I love playing Boggle and so do the kdis.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I used to worry the same way with my kids when I first started homeschooling. They proved to me that they remembered what I would teach them and I would feel so relieved. lol

I glad that you found that she is retaining her lessons. Maybe you could use thus in conjunction with a history and or a geography lesson as well. (?) ;)

Quoting Mommynay2:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I like Boggle too. :)

Quoting coala:

Not Scrabble, but I love playing Boggle and so do the kdis.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
That sounds like a good idea. This was my first year homeschooling Destinay. I do worry about her not retaining what I taught. How long have you been homeschooling?

Quoting kirbymom:

I used to worry the same way with my kids when I first started homeschooling. They proved to me that they remembered what I would teach them and I would feel so relieved. lol

I glad that you found that she is retaining her lessons. Maybe you could use thus in conjunction with a history and or a geography lesson as well. (?) ;)

Quoting Mommynay2:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Hmm, I should break ours out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I've been homeschooling for about 14/15 years or so. I also used to homeschool my younger brother and sister when I was 18. A few years back i might add. lol
So you could say that I have been schooling for half of my life. Lol

Quoting Mommynay2:

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids used to like playing with the Bananagrams tiles. They made up their own rules, but it helped my youngest start putting letters togethre into words.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
You really should. There are just so many fun lessons to enjoy. :)

Quoting Boobah:

Hmm, I should break ours out

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
That is awesome. The kids learn to become independent thinkers and spellers. :) My kids love to make their own games and rules too. I love lit sending to them come up with new ideas and implement them into whatever they are working on.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

My kids used to like playing with the Bananagrams tiles. They made up their own rules, but it helped my youngest start putting letters togethre into words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)