Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you make it all happen?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my husband and I were talking and decided that our family needs a makeover. I'm wondering what are some of the things that you ladies do to help your family stay on schedule, complete daily task as well as maintain a household. Any tips will help to add to my epic week of planning and organizing. Thanks so much
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
sdgd21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I agree with that, but if have to add laundry, we have 6 of us. It piles up fast.

Quoting mem82:

I suggest getting your paperwork sorted, your school in order and kitchen. If those areas are organized, then other things fall into place.
sdgd21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
This is great info thanks! :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I'm not sure exactly what you want...

My rules are family first, then school, then scouts, then other...

I plan meals a week at a time. I know Tues and Thurs we have one hour between gymnastics and karate or scouts so we plan to eat out or have fast leftovers those 2 nights.

After that, WD do our best to spend as much family time together as possible.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I hear you. There is six of us. We load the washer first thing, then flip it after breakfast.

Quoting sdgd21:

I agree with that, but if have to add laundry, we have 6 of us. It piles up fast.

Quoting mem82:

I suggest getting your paperwork sorted, your school in order and kitchen. If those areas are organized, then other things fall into place.
sdgd21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I use to be a fly baby. ;-) I've been thinking about restarting.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I LIVE by my fly lady cleaning lists.

There is a fly lady group here on cafe mom

Each day I make a list and come back and cross things off when they get done. We even take before and after pictures.

sdgd21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Haha yes I just put a load in.

Quoting mem82:

I hear you. There is six of us. We load the washer first thing, then flip it after breakfast.

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting mem82:

sdgd21
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Good Idea! :-)

Quoting KickButtMama:

I do behavior bucks - the kids earn fictional bucks by doing school work, chores, being respectful, etc. they lose bucks by being disrespectful, not completing their chores, etc. then they can use their bucks to rent their electronics from me for 24 hours...this includes the tv remote, Wii, computer, DS, 3DS, MP3, Kindle, etc. all of which are kept in my bedroom closet. ;) it's revolutionized our family - no more yelling to get things done. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM
For school work, I do assignment sheets (i do them with excel) for each child on Sunday. They get them Monday morning and are due Friday at 2 pm. I check them daily for progress since even my high schooler gets overwhelmed without some structure but they can work in any order they wish.

We do some classes independently and others together. I do laundry and housework when they are doing independent work.

I think this year, I will have each child help with one dinner a week. Usually it is faster to do it myself. Tuesday and Thursdays are busy for us but one child can do Mon, another Wed, the 3rd Fri.
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM

How many loads do you ladies do in a week?  Right now we are at 6-7 (rarely 8) but I am sure with our fourth baby on the way that will change too.  Right now, I am trying to do laundry all in one day but I am not sure it wouldn't be better to switch to doing maybe one to two loads a day.  THoughts?  Sorry for the hijack OP

Quoting mem82:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting mem82:

CafeMom Tickers
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

We do at least a load of clothes a day, and then towels and dishtowels a few times a week. You'll drown if you try to slam it out in one day, honestly. Unless you guys have a large laundry room AND a lot of clothes to wear. LOL

Quoting jwhit8791:

How many loads do you ladies do in a week?  Right now we are at 6-7 (rarely 8) but I am sure with our fourth baby on the way that will change too.  Right now, I am trying to do laundry all in one day but I am not sure it wouldn't be better to switch to doing maybe one to two loads a day.  THoughts?  Sorry for the hijack OP

Quoting mem82:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting mem82:

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Good Luck! I can never pull it off myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)