Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Tweaking my schedule...already! LOL

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I noticed that I forgot to do any cooking or baking with the boys last week, our garden time is only happening on the weekend, and I didn't squeeze gym in until Friday....Oops!  So i tweaked the schedule.  I know, I'm only 3 weeks into the school year, LOL! Anyway I've added Garden time on Tuesday, Kitchen time on Wednesday (we made chocolate/chocolate chip Zucchini cookies today...YUM!!), gym on Tuesday and Thursday, and "Diner Dollars" on Friday (we visit with my mom and dad on Fridays and go to a restaraunt for breakfast and shopping, so I have them figure out what the bill will come to, the tip for the waitress, weigh the produce, etc)

What are you already changing?  Or what do you find yourself forgetting regularly?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Um, right now I'm constantly changing.  Gym?  Garden?  Holy Cow!  No, we got the garden in today for science, most days we do math, we do history a lot....um, there's no set schedule yet I guess is what I'm getting at.  :)

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Well, I am already behind and this is week 2 for us.  But we are still on week 1 stuff.  Oh well, anything that I get done before Spetember 3rd is bonus stuff done.  Right now we are just trying to get a little ahead so that when the baby gets here, we won't fall hopelessly behind.

Also, I feel a little bad about it being the middle of summer and they are already starting so some days I let them slack.  Today is so pretty out, I honestly don't feel like doing school much either.  Maybe we should go outside and do our reading. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

Um, right now I'm constantly changing.  Gym?  Garden?  Holy Cow!  No, we got the garden in today for science, most days we do math, we do history a lot....um, there's no set schedule yet I guess is what I'm getting at.  :)

That'll be us in about November.  LOL.  I always get a great schedule together, follow it really well for about 4 months, then slowly unravel. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Quoting jwhit8791:

Well, I am already behind and this is week 2 for us.  But we are still on week 1 stuff.  Oh well, anything that I get done before Spetember 3rd is bonus stuff done.  Right now we are just trying to get a little ahead so that when the baby gets here, we won't fall hopelessly behind.

Also, I feel a little bad about it being the middle of summer and they are already starting so some days I let them slack.  Today is so pretty out, I honestly don't feel like doing school much either.  Maybe we should go outside and do our reading. 

It's been raining so much here that we are completely fine with starting school.  LOL.  In fact we planned a month break and only took 2 weeks.

Yes!  Go outside and do your reading!  I will live outside vicariously through you.  In our backyard we sink to our ankles in mud! :-D

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I didn't set a firm schedule because I only really had the one these past few months, so a lot of it was based on what he wanted and was willing to do.  Now I have all 5, so I gotta get a better game that what I've got going on.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

That'll be us in about November.  LOL.  I always get a great schedule together, follow it really well for about 4 months, then slowly unravel. 

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

It was so hot last week,  I don't think that I even ventured outside with the kids at all.  Once I get hot, it is hard for me to cool down.  LOL

Today it is only supposed to get to the mid-70's and low humidity.  Makes me want to run outside and weed something.  Since I have had a broken foot for the last 6 weeks that sure hasn't been happening but now I am almost healed up.

That much rain would make it eaiser.  Hope you get some dry weather soon.  Too much rain is no fun!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

It's been raining so much here that we are completely fine with starting school.  LOL.  In fact we planned a month break and only took 2 weeks.

Yes!  Go outside and do your reading!  I will live outside vicariously through you.  In our backyard we sink to our ankles in mud! :-D

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I'm adding my 4yo into actual school work this year, so I feel for ya.  Adding a new little learner throws a wrench into the plans, so adding 4 new students would take some getting used to.  You'll get it sorted! :-)

Quoting hwblyf:

I didn't set a firm schedule because I only really had the one these past few months, so a lot of it was based on what he wanted and was willing to do.  Now I have all 5, so I gotta get a better game that what I've got going on.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm glad you're healing!  Go enjoy yourself.

Thanks!  We do plan on going puddle jumping later this week. :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

It was so hot last week,  I don't think that I even ventured outside with the kids at all.  Once I get hot, it is hard for me to cool down.  LOL

Today it is only supposed to get to the mid-70's and low humidity.  Makes me want to run outside and weed something.  Since I have had a broken foot for the last 6 weeks that sure hasn't been happening but now I am almost healed up.

That much rain would make it eaiser.  Hope you get some dry weather soon.  Too much rain is no fun!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Oh goodness!  I remember how much laundry you do.  Hope that doesn't add to it!  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Oh, it will, but it's just one extra load.  :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Oh goodness!  I remember how much laundry you do.  Hope that doesn't add to it!  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN