Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Tweaking my schedule...already! LOL

Posted by   + Show Post

I noticed that I forgot to do any cooking or baking with the boys last week, our garden time is only happening on the weekend, and I didn't squeeze gym in until Friday....Oops!  So i tweaked the schedule.  I know, I'm only 3 weeks into the school year, LOL! Anyway I've added Garden time on Tuesday, Kitchen time on Wednesday (we made chocolate/chocolate chip Zucchini cookies today...YUM!!), gym on Tuesday and Thursday, and "Diner Dollars" on Friday (we visit with my mom and dad on Fridays and go to a restaraunt for breakfast and shopping, so I have them figure out what the bill will come to, the tip for the waitress, weigh the produce, etc)

What are you already changing?  Or what do you find yourself forgetting regularly?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Replies (11-18):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Oh, my 4yo is a difficult one.  The older ones I can put to some independent work, but the 4yo is not an independent type.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm adding my 4yo into actual school work this year, so I feel for ya.  Adding a new little learner throws a wrench into the plans, so adding 4 new students would take some getting used to.  You'll get it sorted! :-)

Quoting hwblyf:

I didn't set a firm schedule because I only really had the one these past few months, so a lot of it was based on what he wanted and was willing to do.  Now I have all 5, so I gotta get a better game that what I've got going on.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

Um, right now I'm constantly changing.  Gym?  Garden?  Holy Cow!  No, we got the garden in today for science, most days we do math, we do history a lot....um, there's no set schedule yet I guess is what I'm getting at.  :)

That'll be us in about November.  LOL.  I always get a great schedule together, follow it really well for about 4 months, then slowly unravel. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is the definition of 4 year old!  LOL

Quoting hwblyf:

Oh, my 4yo is a difficult one.  The older ones I can put to some independent work, but the 4yo is not an independent type.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm adding my 4yo into actual school work this year, so I feel for ya.  Adding a new little learner throws a wrench into the plans, so adding 4 new students would take some getting used to.  You'll get it sorted! :-)

Quoting hwblyf:

I didn't set a firm schedule because I only really had the one these past few months, so a lot of it was based on what he wanted and was willing to do.  Now I have all 5, so I gotta get a better game that what I've got going on.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

Um, right now I'm constantly changing.  Gym?  Garden?  Holy Cow!  No, we got the garden in today for science, most days we do math, we do history a lot....um, there's no set schedule yet I guess is what I'm getting at.  :)

That'll be us in about November.  LOL.  I always get a great schedule together, follow it really well for about 4 months, then slowly unravel. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Better to tweak it now then not be able to tweak it later.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Quoting mem82:

Better to tweak it now then not be able to tweak it later.

True....very, true!
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I haven't even started yet and I have already changed our schedule 3 times.  We start on Aug 12.  I have no doubt we will be tweaking everything after we start.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kmath:

I haven't even started yet and I have already changed our schedule 3 times.  We start on Aug 12.  I have no doubt we will be tweaking everything after we start.

Glad I'm not the only one who is constantly changing my mind.  :-)

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Ok, I have to know, how much laundry do you do?? lol

I keep changing our schedule, and I seem to keep forgetting a subject or two when I make a schedule? Not sure how I'm doing that...I'm losing my mind and we haven't even started yet.  I am dying to get some more books in the mail so I can figure out what else we need...

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Ok, I have to know, how much laundry do you do?? lol

I keep changing our schedule, and I seem to keep forgetting a subject or two when I make a schedule? Not sure how I'm doing that...I'm losing my mind and we haven't even started yet.  I am dying to get some more books in the mail so I can figure out what else we need...

LOL about 9 loads a week. :-)  I have 3 dirty little boys.

I started out using k12.  I kept getting way behind on one subject after another.  It took a little while to get on track in all of the subjects.  Then I dropped k12 and I would forget subjects now and then.  Then I realized that we still cover so much more than my son covered when he went to our local Ps, that it's fine that we get behind.  We do way more days of lessons than they do, and we are just okay.   Don't lose your mind.  You'll be fine! ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN