Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has Anyone been to Discover the Dinosaurs?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
BJ
  • 7 Replies

It is a traveling Dinosaur exhibit that sounds really cool on their website & it will be here this weekend. I think the cost is outrageous at $17 per adult & $20 per child to get to do all the fun stuff. That will cost our family of 5 $91 just to get in the door & I know my younger 2 will want a souvenir so over $100 easy for a few hours! I read some reviews & they weren't good, people said it was poor quality & that special needs kids where mistreated by the staff. Others said that there very small children loved it but the older kids that knew about dinosaurs where disappointed because the animatronic dinosaurs there didn't look like any they knew.

I am just wondering if anyone here as been to this & what they thought of the whole thing. All my kids love dinosaurs even my almost 20y/o so I would love to take them but not if it is going to be a disappointment to them & my pocketbook.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

ohhhhh sounds like fun usmom!!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM

It isn't worth the money.  Some of the animatronics were good but most were crap.  The "fun" stuff is mostly for really little kids and the lines were ridiculous.  DS is 7 and obsessed with dinosaurs and he was NOT impressed. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

That is what I was afraid of! My youngest is 8 & is a dinosaur purest so if they are not right or good he will be disappointed & I will be POed at the money lost if that happened.

Quoting kmath:

It isn't worth the money.  Some of the animatronics were good but most were crap.  The "fun" stuff is mostly for really little kids and the lines were ridiculous.  DS is 7 and obsessed with dinosaurs and he was NOT impressed. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Then he would get upset with some of the dinos.  There were a couple that were just off in detail.  They were neat to look at, but definitely not worth the money we spent.

Quoting usmom3:

That is what I was afraid of! My youngest is 8 & is a dinosaur purest so if they are not right or good he will be disappointed & I will be POed at the money lost if that happened.

Quoting kmath:

Joann.HS
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
It was pricey, but fun experience. We would do it again.
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Joann.HS:

It was pricey, but fun experience. We would do it again.

What where the ages of the children that went?

Joann.HS
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
9ish and 7.

They rode an animated T-Rex and we purchased a more cost effective souvenir.
Was all in good fun and a memory, but yes it is pricey unfortunately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)