Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My daughter gave me the scare of my life

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter and I were getting ready to leave the grocery store. She pulled her hand out of mine and ran into the parking lot, almost getting hit by a truck. My heart started beating a million miles a second. I wanted to tear her little butt up right their, but felt like I was too emotional. When I got her back to the car she got the spanking of her life. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
victoriaherring
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter has tried stuff like that before. I keep a death grip on her now, or keep her in the shopping cart until we get to the car.
Lynette
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
A spanking in public is not a smart idea. Didn't she get scared by the incident? I am a pretty strict parent but I would have considered it lesson learned in this situation.
funmom111
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

she did, I spanked her because she ran away from me as I was calling her to come back. I waited until we got in the car. I drive a van, and I only spank when she is over my knee. The reason is she does not have to fear my hand unless she is over my lap and it ensured the only area I spank is her hiney. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM
My daughter has done that and you bet your bottoms she got the spanking of her life.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Do we really have to talk about "over the knee spanking" in a homeschooling group? I get enough of that in Mom Confessions.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yeah, some kids don't learn.  My 6yo is unbelievably lucky to still be alive for he refuses to learn a lesson.

Quoting Lynette:

A spanking in public is not a smart idea. Didn't she get scared by the incident? I am a pretty strict parent but I would have considered it lesson learned in this situation.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Glad she's okay. I bet your heart stopped. I'm against spanking.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I'm glad she is okay! That is really scary!

Remy11
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Glad she is ok..

I'm not against spanking.. And I'm a social worker for my State.. Although I would
Never tell anyone that at work!
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I hope you scared the daylights out of her!!!!! 

My youngest gave me a good scare on Saturday.  I thought she was behind my friend and we were walking in the direction of the car.  Parked right in front of the store.....seriously right in front of the store.  Apparently my child wanted to run down the ramp instead of go with the adults.  A car was speeding through the parking lot (in front of a baby supply store).  All I heard was my friend scream CAR CAR CAR!!!!  I look over and see the head of my 5 yo just above the bushes.  She stopped dead at the end of the ramp, but she got the lecture of her life.  I can't spank in public as I don't want DCF at my door.  She was reprimanded and I think she may have learned her lesson.  This is the first time she tried this and I think it may be her last.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)