Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Education

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

Dear Moms,

Hello!

I am Laura Nicols. I currently work in company APIX Educational Systems, the creators of TropicMind - an educational virtual world for kids. I am mom myself I know how important to you your children education is.

As we recently released our latest product TropicMind.com, we would find it very helpful to receive reasonable and honest moms feedback, so we could update the game to more suitable and beneficial for our kids :)

For every piece of useful and detailed feedback we are willing to give away 49.95 USD worth TropicMind.com 12-months membership card :))

We expect detailed, reasonable and honest overview of:

Things you / your kid like. Why? 

Things you / your kid dislike. Why?

Things you would do different.

Would you buy a membership for you children? Why?

More information for parents about virtual world of TropicMind - http://parents.tropicmind.com/

If you have questions please feel free to ask them here or contact me by email - laura@tropicmind.com

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Laura :)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I just looked over it, and I'll have my kids play it, then give you their feedback.

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have my 10y/o DD checking it out now!

Laura974
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Thank you guys so much! Waiting for others to join :)

marrionsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Will have my son look this over in the morning..can someone like this so I can come back to it tommorow please

A
Ok I had my son go over it and so did I. The concept is great I love all the different subject types, especially the specific subjects like the games. My son loved the intro and the different choices. Mymmain question is if there is any way to offer this for the ipad or android. I had to drag out my laptop for him to use since now we each have a tablet and/or ipad iphone. I like that there isa free version as well it would definitly make me have him use this and even incorporate it into our curriculum this year. I would definitly consider a membership but would probably be more apt to purchasing a month to month rathern than a yearly membership. My son loved all the interactions and the colorful characters. I love all the science concepts that they offer which are super easy fot my 6 year old to understand. I can never find so many science concepts in one area.

Update: I did get it to work on my husbands tablet since his does offer flash.

Laura974
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM

@marrionsmomm thank you for your honest answer, really appreciated. Were there any things your kid/you did not like, or maybe found difficult to use? :)

Laura974
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Guys, feel free to join we still have more than 20 free membership cards available :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
This looks awesome! I need to get on something other than my iPad and check it out more. What age range is this for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

is this the common core ?

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll have DS check it out next week when he gets home.  I think it looks really interesting.  If he likes it and the content is as up to par as it looks like it will be then I would consider getting him a membership.

Laura974
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM

@boobah middle childhood, generally from 6 to 12 years of age :) cannot wait to receive more feedback :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)