Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dear Moms,

Hello!

I am Laura Nicols. I currently work in company APIX Educational Systems, the creators of TropicMind - an educational virtual world for kids. I am mom myself I know how important to you your children education is.

As we recently released our latest product TropicMind.com, we would find it very helpful to receive reasonable and honest moms feedback, so we could update the game to more suitable and beneficial for our kids :)

For every piece of useful and detailed feedback we are willing to give away 49.95 USD worth TropicMind.com 12-months membership card :))

We expect detailed, reasonable and honest overview of:

Things you / your kid like. Why? 

Things you / your kid dislike. Why?

Things you would do different.

Would you buy a membership for you children? Why?

More information for parents about virtual world of TropicMind - http://parents.tropicmind.com/

If you have questions please feel free to ask them here or contact me by email - laura@tropicmind.com

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Laura :)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-14):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Bump so I can find in the morning
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

This site looks pretty cool. My dd7 played on it for about a hour and she said she did not learn anything new but loved it and thought it was cool.  I think it would be something I would let her play on.  It is educational and looks cute.  I would like more information on how you keep the kids safe when they are chatting though. I am not sure I would let her chat.

Laura974
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Things you / your kid like. Why?   D played this for about an hour this morning and absolutely loves it.  He had so much fun playing the games and watching the videos.  I love it because everything seems to be at about his level and really helps reinforce stuff that he is learning.  He realized with the Eagle Math game that he had to stop counting and actually know his math. 

Things you / your kid dislike. Why?  The boat was a little hard to control, but he mostly got the hang of it.  He did have issues getting off the Islands after doing an activity.  I think it would be easier with a mouse though, he only had the arrow keys to use this morning.

Would you buy a membership for you children? Why?   I probably will buy DS a membership.  He loves it and it goes over more than just one subject so I think it will be worth the money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)