Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is the name of your Home School?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 33 Replies

I'm finally trying to figure out my paperwork and it looks like I need to give this thing a name!  That's exciting, but also a little stressful since my kids are going to be stuck with it.

What is the name of your Home School?  Or is this like a secret family recipe, don't, ask don;t tell kind of deal?  I'm new at all of this so I don't know.  

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrittO2
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Woodland Academy. I figured it would look better on college applications or anything else than *last name* homeschool. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Adventure Academy
unsuspected
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I was going to go with "blank" Academy as well.  I'm trying to think of a Bible verse that sums up my goal for my childrens' education and it's next to impossible!  I want to keep it short and sweet and possibly the Bible verse may be pushing it.  

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
We wanted an reminder to ourselves to keep it fum and exciting.
BrittO2
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting unsuspected:

I was going to go with "blank" Academy as well.  I'm trying to think of a Bible verse that sums up my goal for my childrens' education and it's next to impossible!  I want to keep it short and sweet and possibly the Bible verse may be pushing it.  

Are you wanting the Bible verse for a school motto or the name?  It would probably make too long of a school name.

mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We are ZEAH Academy.  Their initials + our last name initial.

vintage-misha
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Saint Anne Homeschool, we'll switch it to Saint Anne Academy at a later date. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

St. Hedwig Prep

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

unsuspected
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I was thinking of somehow incorporating a bible verse into the name ... like "Salt & Light Academy"  just as an example.  

Mathew 5:13-16

Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Quoting BrittO2:

Quoting unsuspected:

Are you wanting the Bible verse for a school motto or the name?  It would probably make too long of a school name.

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
(Last name) Hill Academy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN